Searching for women's athletic fit winter jacket

I'm looking for a hip-length winter jacket that is appropriate to wear on below-freezing days when I'm Nordic walking or skiing (so not super warm.) I have tried a few jackets on and am noticing that they are not designed for athletic women--I have slightly broad shoulders and don't carry much fat around my waist. In order to get a jacket that fits in the shoulders in some brands, I need to get one that is way too large around the waist. Which brands are a good fit for an athletic built woman? I wear a small or medium. Thank you!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Superdry?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I have broader shoulders for my frame too and all my coats are loose at the waist, even if I buy an XS. Instead, I wear a NorthFace fitted fleece jacket and then a regular snow jacket/puffer over that.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Arc'teryx makes great jackets if they fit you. Pricey though.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I'd look at outdoor/hiking brands... coats that are meant to be worn with a backpack, harness, etc. They are typically going to be a bit more streamlined, but not always. As with most things, you'll just have to try a bunch on and go from there.

Backcountry.com lets you sort jackets by fit (among other things)... might be a good place to start.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    May I just mention that women of a variety of builds are athletic?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    decathalon.com has decently priced items. for all different sort of sports.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2018
    Try thenorthface.com

Our go to for outdoor gear.