Life Redos

Options

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I would have got rechargeable instead of batteries.

Girl...
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    I would have taking better care of my body, mind and soul.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt have given up my spot on the plane
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just want to redo the last 10 years, but with the knowledge I have now. If not, F**** IT. I’m not going through that s***** again.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    My new frames are almost here...I regret not...rolling over on old frames
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Knowing in the moment what I know now, probably a lot of things. A LOT.

Then again... I'm fine with who I am, and all those wrong things are a direct contribution to this.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I would have had a bigger slice of that cake.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't think i would redo anything. My embarrassments have only taught me to be less...dumb.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have put my career before everything else.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I could say I wouldn't have denied myself buying a lot of stuff, and I wouldn't have made money a priority, but here I am able to retire at 53 years old, so something good there too.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have persevered and not dropped out of 9th grade
    first year Spanish class.

I shouldn't have let that group of mean girls that sat behind me and constantly ridiculed end my Spanish studies.

I was an A+ student and could have continued on and become fluent. I loved Spanish.

It's not to late to learn, is it?

No but my schedule is really screwy because of shift work. Maybe someday though.

If you haven't lost the basics, I'm sure a few hours of study a week will get you to where you want to be. Maybe it's time for a vacation somewhere in south america... you can practice there... for example...una cerveza por favor... ;):)

That's a thought :)

Or spend weekends with me.....we can disagree with absolutely everything all weekend.....but in Spanish

I kinda like spend 7 days and nights a week doing that with you here. Unless we're discussing chicken wings, Fabio, CrossFit, woo appreciation, NY pizza or provocateurette vegetarians. Or love.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I would have gone back and went on a week's vacation with a friend and given him the hot air balloon ride trip that I promised him for his birthday. I got busy at work and we put it off. He died a month later.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Stayed in school, not have partaking in illicit activities so often...

Basically my 20s
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I would like to redo a party i went to.

Then there was a girl. I should of dumped when she told me she cheated. It would of saved me the heart break just before Valentine's day when she dumped me
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Oh id go full redo 😆
  • MrSunshinez
    Options
    I wouldn't have put my career before everything else.

I can't agree more. The long hours, the missed shared times with loved ones that can never be replaced and for what? A sense of personal achievement, commitment to something or an unrealistic sense of responsibility. "Grant me the serenity..."

• MrSunshinez
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    Too many times I compromised myself for popularity, money, or moments of fun.

Would have fought that one bully kid in 7th grade.

Not got into alcohol, drugs, and some seedy stuff.

Made better choices in friends.

Made much better relationship choices.

This echos out to the depths of my soul. I was severely bullied in school for reasons beyond my control. Such as my son is experiencing right now, but for different reasons. I relive my pain on an even deeper level watching my son go through it. It makes me wonder sometimes if those bullies as adults think about the cause and effect of their behaviour.

I'd like to think that most kids who bully grow up living life as it is with all different kinds of hardships that can come into one's life that they can find a sense of compassion and redemption. I have a feeling that your own personal strength that was gained by going through it has given you a unique knowledge of how to guide him through the rough spots. And to those who haven't been enlightened over the years, all I can say is "Karma" and this gypsy's curse - May "x" experience a lifetime of severe rectal itch and make them scratch themselves bloody!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would like to start over from age 7-8 and go from there, please.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would like to start over from age 7-8 and go from there, please.

I definitely have felt this way on many occasions within my life and still have my moments. But I’ve come to the conclusion that there are several reasons why I would never go back in time to change things. All those painful failures I went through define the person I am today. Because I have failed, I am compassionate. Because I have failed, I am understanding. Because I have failed, I am more emotionally aware. Because I have failed, I’ve gained wisdom and understanding. Most thankfully because I have failed, I understand the values and beliefs of the things that matter in life. I’m grateful for my imperfections. As well as to those that have hurt me because they helped me become a stronger person.

This is all very true. I am who I am because of mistakes that I have made. I have lost so much, but in losing I have gained many things. It's easy to say that I would want to start over, but if the opportunity arose through some magical genie force, I think I would decline. If not for the mistakes I've made, I would not have any of the beautiful children that I couldn't do without.