No salt, sugar, acid meals?

Options
I would truly appreciate anyone's help with meal ideas. Due to health issues, I've been asked to cut out salt, sugar and acidic foods. It's pretty hard for me to figure out what to eat that's tasty and won't bore me.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Asked to cut by whom?
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have to limit my salt, sugar, uncooked vegetables, and acidic fruits. I have Crohn's disease. I decided to quit soda pop completely. I want to clean, which to me means few processed foods, only free-range chickens and eggs, and grass-fed beef and bison and lamb, organic when needed. I think, if you vary your diet to 28 days of different meals and then rotate, you should not get bored. Or maybe, try a new recipe every Sunday.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would truly appreciate anyone's help with meal ideas. Due to health issues, I've been asked to cut out salt, sugar and acidic foods. It's pretty hard for me to figure out what to eat that's tasty and won't bore me.

Do you mean added salt and sugar or avoid foods naturally containing sodium, sugar and acidic foods?
    If it is added salt and sugar there are no salt seasoning mixes like Mrs. Dash or other herbs and spices to liven things up. Can you use artificial sweeteners?
    If you have to cut all naturally occuring sodium, sugars and acid you probably won't get to eat many fruits and vegetables and may need to avoid some dairy or meats. Tricky.

I think you should talk to a registered dietician to help you work out an appropriate diet.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Your doctor told you to do this and didn't give you a handout of what you could eat or provide a referral to a dietitian?

Call your doctor's office.