LOW FIBER MEALS

rhondastypa
rhondastypa Posts: 3 Member
I was diagnosed with Barrett's disease and diverticulitis. But because of the advanced Barrett's disease I have to loose 40 lbs with a LOW fiber diet. Help!! Suggestions?!

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Baconnnnn!!!
    On a serious note, I could recommend low fiber foods but suggest your doctor refer you to a registered dietician. This is why I despise doctors now. They don’t really help much. They just say what you need to do or what you have without any help....SMH.
    I’d stick to non cruciferous veggies as a veggie source and most fruit isn’t insanely high in fiber. Meat/ seafood has zero fiber and fat sources stick to either the meats or oils/ butters(:
  • winebender
    winebender Posts: 1 Member
    Keto diet did wonders for me before my wedding... now post-pregnancy, its the only thing that's going to get the job done with my schedule. Low carb anything should help reduce your fiber overall, and lower caloric intake will lose you the weight.
    Best of luck!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    if you need a diet that is restrictive - your doctor should provide you a referral to a RD to help develop a plan for eating

but low fiber (BTW - did he give you a number to aim for??) - basically reduce the amount of vegetables you eat - but ensure that you are still getting adequate nutritents -