I don't know if this is an NSV or an NS Defeat

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
I bought a windbreaker almost 10 years ago, that has become my favorite jacket. It keeps me comfortable in the widest range of conditions as long as I wear the right layers with it. They don't make it anymore, so I'm holding on to mine. It got a break for a few months when the zipper wore out and had to be replaced, otherwise I wear it all fall, winter, and spring, every year.

I've lost about 70 pounds, kept it off a few years now, and have been doing a successful recomp.

The belly in my jacket looks like it's been stretched out.

31055038727_8ab4b39024_o_d.jpg

I used to be a lot bigger.

33056094910_560568ce0c_o_d.jpg

This is me without the jacket.

29770745087_b1b91f6f9b_o_d.jpg

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hate it when that happens. If only I could time the wearing out of clothes with weightloss...

Congrats to you!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I'd call it a victory. I hate it when something I love wears out, so keeping the jacket through thick and thin is a plus. Pun intended.

Looking good btw.

Cheers, h.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    Victory for sure, but also sad to lose an article of clothing you love... :/ I hope you can make it last for many more years.

And yes, you look fantastic! Congratulations both on the loss and on several years of maintenance!
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

And you used to be a lot older! You've turned back time. Congrats!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options

And you used to be a lot older! You've turned back time. Congrats!

I love you.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Better to have your clothes be too large than too small. Especially jackets. I also have an old favorite windshirt that isn't made any more. My husband holds his together with duct tape. Mine is just faded .It still works.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is pretty Amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!