What Counts as Lightly Active?

Options
I’ve been using MFP since September and been sticking to the allotted 1200 calories it gave me - I’m 5’0 started at 175 lbs and am now 153.

Anyway, I’m losing a bit faster than I think I need (averages to 1.88 lbs a week) to so changed my activity level to “lightly active” This upped my calories to 1390. I would still like to lose 1.25 - 1.5 lbs a week and I must admit I’m a little nervous about adding almost 200 calories to my diet every day. I’m not sure I’m actually “lightly active”

I walk my dog three times a day, I’m a college instructor so 3 days a week I’m pretty much on my feet all day in the classroom. But it’s not a lot of walking - I don’t have a Fitbit or anything but my iPhone says I only walked 5000 steps today but I don’t know how accurate that is.

I do workout (running) 3 days a week as well.

Anyway, that’s probably a lot of unnecessary information for my question which is what would you categorize as “lightly active”

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would try lightly active setting out. 200 calories more should still leave you losing at a good rate based on your current results.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    900 calories burn above your BMR.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    You want to lose ~.4 lbs less per week than you are now. That means adding ~1400 calories a week (3500x.4). Which is 200/day.

Sounds perfect?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're averaging 1.88 lbs a week and you add 200 calories a day, you should still be losing between 1.25 and 1.5 lbs a week. No need to worth about whether you fit the definition of lightly active.

This.

The maths suggests adding about 200 cals is right, so go for it.

If it really bothers you, add 100 this week and another hundred next week
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!