So...

2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I stopped drinking soda or anything carbonated. However, in order to get caffeine I have been drinking much more coffee and along with it, creamer. Any ideas to drink less calories?? I am drinking sugar free creamer but still consuming many calories.

I add protein powder to slightly cooled coffee, and soaked chia seeds and coconut, and call it breakfast.

et3vfpxs8540.png
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Flavored coffee. I use almond milk and extracts to make a creamer. Thicken it up with a little xanthan gum..
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Why not diet soda...??

OP mentioned stopping drinking anything carbonated, so presumably is having a problem with carbonation.
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,438 Member
    I used to only drink sweet creamer in coffee, but because of calories I started trying half & half instead of the sweet creamer (it's half the calories). It took a little getting used to, but I actually prefer it that way now.

It's all a matter of personal preference, though. I don't like it with just milk or black, and I don't like anything sugar-free in it. I recommend that you try some of the options suggested and see what you like best!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    There's nothing wrong with liking creamer in your coffee-it's not a reflection of how good your coffee is or isn't, it's a matter of personal taste.

Anyway, if you're just looking to get caffeine in, then caffeine pills are a good way to do that. They also sell caffeinated water flavorings in little squeeze bottles or powder packets.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    I found that I couldn't handle cutting out creamer by substituting with milk, so cut out coffee completely. I now drink assorted green teas. My favorite is Ginger green tea. It is great for my Crohn's.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Buy good quality coffee...drink it black