Clothing Saga well a bit

Options
I am positive that many before me, have gone through some version or other of this.

I have lost almost 76 pounds this year, started in May. And my journey still has quite a few pounds to go.

But shhh, I have never lost this much before, in other attempts. And I have now stumbled down a rabbits hole I never thought of.

Years ago, I donated lots of clothing so I only had my big fat ladies clothes in closet and in drawers. Um and as I keep losing, I am finding what actually fits, is getting to be less and less. So I decided ok go buy a couple pair of pants to tide me through. The tops I can put a ribbon, or belt around.
So there I am and realize I have no clue what so ever what size to start with. I knew the 26's would be huge. Maybe 22's? Well the poor saleswoman, had to keep coming back. The correct size was 18. And I am still a long way from done. But at least I have 3 pair of pull up pants that can go for work, or out now.

Hahaha, the other item never thought of, lose 76 pounds and now I need new underwear. I think I will just do online.

Oh and my wedding rings are about to fall off, so I guess will need to tell hubby need a thin gold band that is smaller to keep others on.

Things one never considers.

Replies

• Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That's great!
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. All the clothes I bought at beginning of summer already still loose. Clothes in back of closet already went out of style and back in style again
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I just got rid of my fat clothes 20 plus..in 3 yrs I have only lost 20lbs and down to a 16W from a 20W but I hung onto everything.
  • FarmMom2013
    FarmMom2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started this journey wearing size 26/28 pants ans 3 or 4x tops. When my clothes started getting too big a local Resale shop became my favorite place to shop. I didn't want to spend a lot on clothes I knew I wouldn't wear long as I am still losing. The best part, I can take clothes that are too big to consign at the same shop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!