Back...this time forreal!!! Let's be friends!!!

Options
Hello All!

It's currently 2:17 am and I am up because my current issue keeps me up at night often.

My issue being weight.

My name is Abilene or Abi for short, I'm 24 years old, currently living in Houston and I'm trying or rather I should say I am going to start trying gaining weight (again). I had an account before....within the past year or so to try and gain weight but it wasn't long term, I kind of tried and didn't even end up gaining any weight.

I was probably about 97 lb after I graduated high school which then I thought I was skinny (but it wasn't horrible) and at 19 I started a career as a vet tech. That's when I started losing weight. Being a vet tech can be physically demanding and while I don't have any problem taking a lunch break now, it was different at my previous job.... Very busy clinic, no breaks, always had to take late lunches.....it was terrible. I love what I do and won't stop being a vet tech but because of that I have developed BAAAAAD eating habits and dropped to 90 lb.

Very recently I re-weighed myself and found that I lost a few pounds.....
I'm at 87 lb now... And I could definitely see it. I hate it and am not as confident as I once was.....
Seeing 87 in that scale really scared me and so here I am again.

It's sooo hard gaining weight, always was and although I have a steady lunch break, work keeps me active and it's IMPOSSIBLE and too gross to be snacking as I am constantly busy and handling animals.

Today (or yesterday I should say) I ordered the high calorie boost shakes (530 calories a drink!!!!) to.....give me a boost lol. I know what good high calorie foods to eat but at this point I'm just going to try and eat as much as I can whatever I can eat on top of drinking this shake to get me started.

Such a big intro I know but I kind of just had to let it all out ....
I'd love to make friends on here for motivation and support, support me and I'll support you, keep me motivated and I'll keep you motivated. Let's do this!!! We can do it!!!!

Replies

• preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Am one year younger than you but am on a weight gain too. Let's be friends.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Hi! Your story is really interesting and I think one that many people can relate to.
    But at least you've identified what you can do to improve your calorie intake - shakes sound like a great idea since you're touching animals all day!
    Sounds like you need to take some time for yourself as you seem stressed!
    You mention a lot about work - what about eating habits outside of work? Days off?
    Good luck on your journey! :)
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • abilene_
    abilene_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Am one year younger than you but am on a weight gain too. Let's be friends.

Let's do it!!! It won't be easy but that's okay we'll gain together!
  • kettlebell_Addict305
    Options
    You got this!! Request on the way!
  • abilene_
    Options
    Hi! Your story is really interesting and I think one that many people can relate to.
    But at least you've identified what you can do to improve your calorie intake - shakes sound like a great idea since you're touching animals all day!
    Sounds like you need to take some time for yourself as you seem stressed!
    You mention a lot about work - what about eating habits outside of work? Days off?
    Good luck on your journey! :)

Work was very stressful for a good because we were understaffed now we are fully staffed, making things a lot easier. Eating habits outside of work isn't the best either....so I'm working on that too just trying to get used to eating more and getting those shakes in throughout the day.
    Thanks for replying!
  • abilene_
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!

Thank you!!!