Starting out

This may seem like a a wall of text but I thought it best to get out what I want to say in one go as some can give answer and some can't.

So am new here and am a diabetic (type 2, pills) my goal is to go from 107kg to 90 less when I hit 90.
So the first question
1. Does the premium service offered by my fitness pal help a diabetic or over all would it benefit me from having it.
2. I been looking on here, just random clicking names but lots are locked so can't see how there lifestyle is, but what I was looking for is if you are friends with people on here, does it show what they eat if its logged. Cos am after ideas for eating and I would like to see what others have(cos I eat anything)
3. Add me if you like and don't mind me seeing what you eat for ideas and chat

Thanks to all for the responses I hope to get
Adrian.

Replies

• Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Personally I just use the free version.

Looking at what other people eat isn't really going to change what I eat and in fact they may be eating things that simply aren't available in my country.

I don't think there is any specific info on MFP that caters to diabetics. I have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 but I am not yet on medication because I am working at losing at least 15kg to try to drop my blood sugar and A1C numbers.

I started with this diet but after 2 weeks I had to add more calories because I wasn't feeling full at all. I was eating around 1000 calories a day.

It took me a few weeks to figure out my caloric and exercise goals but I think I am on track now (7kg lost in 7 weeks).

you can look for more resources on this clinical trial here

reversing the disease is possible but it takes a lot of effort. Start slow and remember that losing weight also means changing your lifestyle. You need to exercise as well as adjust your calorie intake otherwise any weight you lose will likely return.

The diet and exercise changes may be something you have to continue for the rest of your life so don't look at this as a short term fix.

Using MFP really just keeps you on track nothing more. I personally only use it to track progress but I don't rely on it 100%. A lot of the information is a bit vague and should never be considered totally accurate.