What’s the worse thing you’ve come home to?

Options

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    When i was a teenager one day me and my brother came home to an empty apartment. My father had disappeared about 3 yrs earlier. My mother had still been around up until that day. I dont remember specifics of those days, but i remember not being as upset or scared as i maybe should have felt. Life wasnt exactly pleasant up until that point so its not like I all of a sudden was missing something i needed. Come to think of it, maybe it wasnt the worse thing i came home to....

Omg! 😨❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ x's a gazillion! Their loss!❤
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    blood everywhere over my parents bedroom and no one home (pre-cellphones)-brother had hit his head on the headboard and they took him to be stitched up

a dog locked himself in a bedroom after destroying his crate. then proceeded to eat pillows, door frames, drywall

a dog who i later found had pancreatic cancer had vomited and pooped(liquid) all over the small apartment so there was a literal layer over the whole place

worst-dead husband-od'ed on dirty drugs

❤😨awful!!!!
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    Ill take “Dead Body” for 1200, Alex.

Omg!!😨❤
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Her.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not sure this counts since my husband came home to the mess: Had a jack russel that got neutered. He had to wear a cone so instead of putting him in the crate I decided to leave him in the bathroom so he could have more space. He somehow got into the shower and turned the hot water on, not sure when durring the day exactly but it had to be running for at least a few hours. The walls were dripping and there was standing water on the floor from the condensation. He also pooped, so yay steamy poop. I am still amazed my husband didnt kill him.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    The worst stuff happened while I was in the house.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    A pool of black paint spilling out from under the foyer closet door and into the foyer. No clue how many hours had passed since the paint can fell over, but the carpet in the closet is now black. Clean up was...not fun.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My ex.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    No milk. This one will always be the worst. Long day at work, only thing your living for is that hot cup of tea, you gallantly prepare the vessel, sway to the fridge and reach in. Nothing. Nada. Or worse. A teaspoon of milk in the container. Enough milk to *tease* you. Sure, it will colour the tea but there is no real victory here.

I've never put milk in my tea. I was surprised when I learned about doing that.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    My mother having a drunken booty call when the old man was working definitely cracks the top 5.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT
    LeGaCyGiAnT Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* blasting dog that got sick. The smell hits you when you walk through the door, then you have to proceed by cleaning them/it all up.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Walking into my parents house on Christmas and my mother drunk to the point she was swaying on her feet, yet feeling abusive enough to try to push everyone's buttons to get something started.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,314 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, came home from work to find my house had been broken into.....later found out it was an exboyfriend's new girlfriend. More recently, took my 2 dogs to a friend's house to stay the weekend. We left to do some errands and came home to the dogs loose, had peed all over his new sofa, gotten on the table and eaten the mini tarts and whatever else was on the table, then pooped all over the house. I was mortified!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband hiding in my closet. After I discovered him, he had the audacity to tell me I scared the *kitten* out of him. *EYEROLL*
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband walking down the stairs with some of my panties in his hand. He was taking souvenirs(?)

Changed the locks after that one.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Omg!!😨❤
    It wasn’t anyone I knew, but still horrible to walk in on. I was living abroad and renting a room in a multi-family building. There was a man slumped over in the hallway, apparently I was the first one to find him.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

Omg!!😨❤
    It wasn’t anyone I knew, but still horrible to walk in on. I was living abroad and renting a room in a multi-family building. There was a man slumped over in the hallway, apparently I was the first one to find him.

Oh jeeze I thought you were kidding
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My Mam had decided to hulk buy toilet roll
    My brother was meant to stack it in the shed but left it in the hall
    I came home to 300 shredded toilet rolls up and down the hall and stairs