Options
13»

Replies

• PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Seffell wrote: »
    6000cals in one go is a binge. Why are you doing this? Can't you just eat like 2000? There's plenty of food in 2k cals.
    I've never had 6k cals in one day let alone one meal. Sounds monstrous to me. I'm pretty sure this is not a normal thing to do unless you're running a marathon. If you plan on changing your lifestyle I'd start at forgetting about 6k meals. It's way out of proportions.

Buffet foods are usually high in calories. For example a serving of orange chicken may seem small but you can probably eat 3 chicken breasts worth of orange chicken within 10 minutes. That's about 1500 calories. That's basically nothing when I eat there haha

I think it bears repeating that no, this is not normal and what everyone experiences. I could not eat 3 chicken breasts worth of orange chicken in 10 minutes. Most people would not eat 6000 calories at a Chinese buffet.

The advice you've been given is solid. Look at this like any other meal. You are in control - you are serving yourself. Serve yourself proper portions, enjoy your food, and try not to overdo it. Eat light for the rest of your day and maybe take an extra walk. Then get up the next morning and get right back on plan.

Part of making weight loss stick is working towards being able to find the happy medium between an overly-restrictive diet and mindlessly stuffing yourself every time lots of food is available. Taking responsibility for what you choose to eat and making mindful, educated decisions. Do the best you can and consider it a learning experience.
    Sorry, but to clarify I'm currently lean bulking
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    6000cals in one go is a binge. Why are you doing this? Can't you just eat like 2000? There's plenty of food in 2k cals.
    I've never had 6k cals in one day let alone one meal. Sounds monstrous to me. I'm pretty sure this is not a normal thing to do unless you're running a marathon. If you plan on changing your lifestyle I'd start at forgetting about 6k meals. It's way out of proportions.

Buffet foods are usually high in calories. For example a serving of orange chicken may seem small but you can probably eat 3 chicken breasts worth of orange chicken within 10 minutes. That's about 1500 calories. That's basically nothing when I eat there haha

I think it bears repeating that no, this is not normal and what everyone experiences. I could not eat 3 chicken breasts worth of orange chicken in 10 minutes. Most people would not eat 6000 calories at a Chinese buffet.

The advice you've been given is solid. Look at this like any other meal. You are in control - you are serving yourself. Serve yourself proper portions, enjoy your food, and try not to overdo it. Eat light for the rest of your day and maybe take an extra walk. Then get up the next morning and get right back on plan.

Part of making weight loss stick is working towards being able to find the happy medium between an overly-restrictive diet and mindlessly stuffing yourself every time lots of food is available. Taking responsibility for what you choose to eat and making mindful, educated decisions. Do the best you can and consider it a learning experience.

Honestly, if you're worried about the calories you're going to eat, the advice is the same whether you're trying to lose, maintain, or gain. Obviously, you aren't confident in your ability to eat the right amount. You have the best chance of reaching your goal, and of staying a healthy weight for the rest of your life, if you learn the skills you need to be confident you are eating the right amount, whatever the right amount is.

This is the detail that so many people get hung up on. They think losing, maintaining, and gaining are all completely different things. But the right habits around eating and exercise can make "most" of the different rules unnecessary and help you be successful at all of them.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

This. There is absolutely no way I could eat three chicken breasts, period — never mind in 10 minutes, and certainly not that quick, and with all of that goop on them.

OP, have you considered meeting with a dietitian or counselor about your binging? If nothing else, they may be helpful in helping you understand what normal eating looks like in a variety of settings.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

What part of 1500 calories of orange chicken is *lean* bulking? That’s pretty much the definition of a dirty bulk.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What part of 1500 calories of orange chicken is *lean* bulking? That’s pretty much the definition of a dirty bulk.

I think OP means they're currently lean bulking and they're worried about the impact this trip to the buffet will have on the plan, not that their proposed buffet intake would qualify as compatible with lean bulking.