Give up my side of the bed
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Eat seafood
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Say no just to be spiteful. Say yes just to let you get your way.

Some lessons need to be learned and learned well.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Okay where did my post go?
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Eat seafood

How shellfish of you.

I sea what you squid there
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Ignore my instincts.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So what about when things you wouldnt "give up" for love slowly drift into the background over time. Like the you who stayed single would probably have said thing still in the forfront of your life, but the you who has been married for 10 years has different priorities now. Does that mean you gave it up for love, or just part of natural evolution?

Eta- im thinking along the lines of hobbies, sports, a specific goal. Not like self respect or something like that.
  • Nicksmom106
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So what about when things you wouldnt "give up" for love slowly drift into the background over time. Like the you who stayed single would probably have said thing still in the forfront of your life, but the you who has been married for 10 years has different priorities now. Does that mean you gave it up for love, or just part of natural evolution?

Eta- im thinking along the lines of hobbies, sports, a specific goal. Not like self respect or something like that.

Nah, I don't think so anyway. I think we all evolve and change our ways of interest a bit here and there. I would be concerned if it was a major thing, such as, you love ballet,and your spouse hates it....so little by little you let it go and that's not fair or right.

But say you cut back a lil bit because while you aren't a fan of football, after years of it being on every tv etc you learn to notice, then respect it and maybe love it too....something you would most likely not have done if not exposed to it by your SO. that's pretty cool, or that's how I feel anyway.

you give up something you enjoy or love...not good....

You cut back on something you love to include a new interest because you enjoy it......then very good.🤷

Making sense on cold meds is hard😒
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »

I’m not so sure about that. I find the hobbies seem to stick around, it’s the self respect and morals that get a little blurry.

Well that is worrisome

@Nicksmom106 made sense to me, your doing fine :)
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Give up my toilet roll consumption. You gotta problem with that? I like to feel clean and not you or anybody is gona take that away for me not even for love.

Wet wipes will change your life.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Things that I won't do for love:

Give up my animals
    Give up my self respect
    Ignore my gut feeling
    Tolerate narcissism i.e. put up with gaslighting, ghosting or tolerating your temper tantrums
    Give you or loan you money, my credit cards
    I will not lie for you or to you to keep the peace
    And if I became single again, I would not consider marriage without a prenup.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I will NOT switch to the “under” method of loading toilet paper, cause *kitten* you, that’s why.

That's the incorrect way anyhow

Damn right it’s incorrect.... savages.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I will NOT switch to the “under” method of loading toilet paper, cause *kitten* you, that’s why.

I just want to know why contractors get such sick pleasure out of putting the vent directly underneath the holder.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

I just want to know why contractors get such sick pleasure out of putting the vent directly underneath the holder.

Haha! Well that's better than my first house... they put it right in the doorway so I would have to step over it... they came back to fix that one!
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »

I’m not so sure about that. I find the hobbies seem to stick around, it’s the self respect and morals that get a little blurry.

Well that is worrisome

@Nicksmom106 made sense to me, your doing fine :)

You're a sweetie!😍 🤗