Food vs. Work

Options
It is so hard working in a restaurant, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. I myself know, because that’s my life. I work right next to our cookie and brownie stand, and I’m always so tempted to eat them all🤤, but I have to try and keep my goal in mind! I always stay prepared with a prepacked healthy snack, that can hold me over until dinner! It’s hard, but remember, you’re stronger! Good Eats!

Replies

• kettlebell_Addict305
    Options
    Im weak af.. tbh i dont think id do well next to yummy goodness all day.. You got this though great mindset you are strong enough .. 🖒💪
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Have you worked there for long? I ask because I've only worked around food one time in my life and for like a month I wanted to eat it all...but then I was like, "meh" and really didn't want that stuff I saw day in and day out! It was sweet cakes, cookies, etc, and I found that it just made me crave other stuff like tacos and high quality chocolate that I would need to leave work to get (not a bad thing).
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It might help to be mindful that the brownies and cookies are “inventory” and represent a cost to the owner who is expecting to sell them to cover their expense and make some profit.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    It might help to be mindful that the brownies and cookies are “inventory” and represent a cost to the owner who is expecting to sell them to cover their expense and make some profit.

They probably throw away dozens of items at the end of every shift anyway. With cookies and brownies, I doubt that is a big deal. Not saying it's a bad idea though!
  • gymth0ttie
    gymth0ttie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to work in an area that was surrounded by restaurants, good and also fast food. It was too easy to go out on my break and get foods with empt calories, the only thing that ever helped me was to meal prep and to make sure I ate ALL of the health foods I packed in hopes I wouldn’t be tempted to go elsewhere
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a server for a long time. Best thing to do is always pack a lunch, snacks and a nice big water bottle. You’d be surprised how much pop you consume not even thinking about it when there’s a fountain pop station. I rarely eat the food I work with. Just remember what your goals are, and if you wouldn’t eat it if you weren’t there, don’t eat it. :) occasionally treating yourself is okay though!