thank you. you are all so supportive.

Options
I went for my first run/jog tody with a complete stranger who works with my husband. who by the way runs 10k in his lunch... when I got back I checked my stats we had done 2.35m at 12 minute miles. not being too sure how slow this is I went into Google and sure enough one of the first search results was mfp. I read the comments to other members who feeling unsure is 12 minutes is too slow (just how I am feeling) and your replies were so positive and motivating. I am now looking forward to my next run on Tuesday and hopefully watching my progress. once again thank you for being so amazing. 💛

Replies

• Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Speed comes in time.

Build up the distance slowly first.

Around 10% a week
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I went for my first run/jog tody with a complete stranger who works with my husband. who by the way runs 10k in his lunch... when I got back I checked my stats we had done 2.35m at 12 minute miles. not being too sure how slow this is I went into Google and sure enough one of the first search results was mfp. I read the comments to other members who feeling unsure is 12 minutes is too slow (just how I am feeling) and your replies were so positive and motivating. I am now looking forward to my next run on Tuesday and hopefully watching my progress. once again thank you for being so amazing. 💛

'Too slow' does not exist for me in running... running is good, regardless of pace.

Unless you're racing, but that's a whole other ballgame!!! :laugh:
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    A slow run is much better than no run. Always.

Beyond that, "slow" is subjective. I'm slow compared to people that train more, longer, or smarter. And a great deal of lighter, naturally gifted, younger, etc runners. Some of them are slow compared to elite athletes, and most of us are slow compared to the pro runners that set the bar.

There are a lot of people that have not run one single 12 minute mile in their lifetime, and would be thrilled to do so. You've already run a couple of them back to back in a single day. Win!