Should I cut for a few weeks? Pic + measurements

Options
mike_c_26
mike_c_26 Posts: 3 Member
169cm height, 84.3kg weight, 35.8 inch waist (up from 32 from August since I started a calorie surplus diet) which is apparently 22.4% body fat.

I do feel quite uncomfortable wearing my clothes now due to tightness, but it would be good to get more opinions!y5fmolp2bm4n.jpg

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind cutting over Christmas then go for it.

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How close to goal are you in your bulk?
  • mike_c_26
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    How close to goal are you in your bulk?

I wanted to reach 86kg before cutting, but I think I've eaten too much of a surplus and put on more fat than intended
  • jdog022
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Eh.. I can’t imagine running a mini cut in dec with the holidays but maybe run a 4 week mini cut in Jan? The mini cut is a short duration and steep deficit. Honestly, if your confident in your ability to cut, just keep going and tighten up the surplus a bit. Just live and learn and Next bulk ease into a bit more and keep the surplus to 200-300

ETA: no way your 22% BF
  • mike_c_26
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Eh.. I can’t imagine running a mini cut in dec with the holidays but maybe run a 4 week mini cut in Jan? The mini cut is a short duration and steep deficit. Honestly, if your confident in your ability to cut, just keep going and tighten up the surplus a bit. Just live and learn and Next bulk ease into a bit more and keep the surplus to 200-300

Thanks! I was thinking about it because I'll be staying with a relative over Xmas and it might be tricky to cook how I usually do. I thought I wasn't 22% but that's what the online calculators say with my measurements! I think I'll go with that - it definitely will be easier after Xmas.
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mike_c_26 wrote: »

Thanks! I was thinking about it because I'll be staying with a relative over Xmas and it might be tricky to cook how I usually do. I thought I wasn't 22% but that's what the online calculators say with my measurements! I think I'll go with that - it definitely will be easier after Xmas.

If by online calculators, you mean BMI, it's totally useless for trained individuals.
  • jdog022
    Options
    Probably the us navy bf estimates
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your overall goal(s) is/are...
    I would be inclined to cut simply due to the waistline being a tad too large for my liking (bias towards proportions over mass). Probably not too flattering given you are only roughly 5'6'' (just my opinion)
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options

Oh for sure! Christmas cake is mandatory 😂
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to cut 10 lbs during advent (started yesterday) and eat what I want on the (twelve days!) of Christmas. Traditionally, advent is a time of fasting but Christmas day and beyond- everyone should celebrate that!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Oh for sure! Christmas cake is mandatory 😂

Yik! Not in my house it's not :laugh:
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could successfully cut during the holidays. Maintain sure.