The long hard slog

I am once again attempting to get back to a healthy BMI. I lost 50 pounds on WW and don’t want to go back to point-counting. I am hoping this app will help me track my intake (critical) and give me the motivation to get back to my goal. Weight loss is hard to sustain, but my health demands it. I am pleased to find this community.

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,595 Member
    Welcome to MFP! There is a great community here. I hope that tracking calories is simpler than tracking points!

It's straightforward. A big key is using a scale if at all possible. I have a little electronic one from Walmart that has been invaluable (look for a "tare" function).

As far as motivation, you might check this section out:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300315/most-helpful-posts-motivation-and-support-must-reads#latest
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Welcome! I am a big fan of simply eating healthier food options and smaller portions and My Fitness Pal helps a lot with that.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I started up in May 2018, I have found it to be easy. Tracking everything you eat either just at calorie level. Or at the break out level of the macro's. Track exercises here is also pretty easy. Tons of info on the Stickies. And if you use the "search" the possibilities are about endless what you can search for. Welcome!