Maintenance

I am maintaining my weight on 1250 calories. Yes, I don’t exercise but I walk around campus. I am 5’5 and 130 lbs. Is this heavy or on the thinner side? Why do you think i gain if i eat more than 1250?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Sorry but you're not maintaining on so few calories.

Do you weigh your food?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Do you weigh your food?

^^^This. How do you know for sure you're eating 1250 calories? Estimating portion sizes is a very inaccurate way to track calories. I'm guessing that you probably eat in a cafeteria at least part of the time, and weighing in that situation may be impractical. Maybe try reducing portion sizes and logging the same amount of calories for a few weeks, and see if that makes a difference, especially in conjunction with using a scale any time it's feasible.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    How are you calculating your food intake?
  • sophiegarcia411
    sophiegarcia411 Posts: 8 Member

Do you weigh your food?

Yes, I do.
  • sophiegarcia411
    sophiegarcia411 Posts: 8 Member
    How are you calculating your food intake?

Through my fitness pal.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I'm so confused. Is the OP responding under two usernames, or is someone else answering for her?

Regardless: OP, your maintenance at your current stats cannot possibly be 1250.

Are you mistaking water weight fluctuations for actual gains again?

And I'm glad to see you back, but I'm sorry you're struggling again.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    I'm so confused. Is the OP responding under two usernames, or is someone else answering for her?

Well the saraclark6 and saraclark62 accounts are someone with an eating disorder so it wouldn't surprise me if she had other accounts as well.

Oh, whoops, nice catch. Changing my advice to check in with a doctor or therapist to discuss the best plan for you.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member

Well the saraclark6 and saraclark62 accounts are someone with an eating disorder so it wouldn't surprise me if she had other accounts as well.

Bingo.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Do you weigh your food?

Yes, I do.

You need to get back in touch with your treatment team