How Far Can You Run?

Options
124»

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    16 miles is the farthest I’ve run so far.

I enjoy 15k’s and half’s for the most part although it would be cool to train for a full at some point.

He @RunningOffTheCrazy do you have an training plan? Any upcoming events you're preparing for?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    With or without gel? Without about 6-7km without getting sick and about 10 when I am happy to feel miserable afterwards. My body doesn't seem to use fatty acids for energy when working out. It's what it is. If I walk a bit regularly and eat masses of gel I can go long.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!

In my youth I ran 5km's for fun every weekend, and once ran 10km just to see if I could. But that was 30 years and 40 pounds ago.

Fast forward a few decades, and if it's longer than about 100m I'd rather stand my ground and face whatever's trying to chase me, lol. But then I have an extra 25 pounds of muscle from lifting I didn't have back then, so I can probably take it on.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    With or without gel?

This threw me for a minute. I used to say "with a enough vaseline to prevent chaffing, I can run a marathon tomorrow morning."

Alas...I no longer feel that way. Maybe I should try Gels rather than petroleum jelly.
    :)
  • 19Happylife64
    19Happylife64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ran 26.2 in memory of my sister who died of suicide.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I got a wild hair to down a 32 oz peanut butter jar within a few minutes (worth it) one time. I think I ran my local streets for about 2 hours straight that night when I was probably running 2:00-2:15 laps on a 400 yd track at the time.

Underestimating that to 2:30 laps, I got that at just over 10 miles. Coulda gone more, but that was a jar of crunchy and my jet propulsion had run out of places to move the stuff I hadn't chewed well.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Depends on what is chasing me and persistent the chase... :)