Suggestions for setting Garmin Connect Custom Heart Rate Zones?

Garmin Connect defaults to 5 heart rate zones. I recently had an Athletic Performance Profile Physiology test and want to enter my new custom heart rate zones into Garmin. However, the lab I used prefers a 4-zone method. Assuming you can't eliminate a zone from Garmin's settings, how would you add a zone? Would you add in a "zone 0" leading up to your zone 1 numbers? Or would you duplicate 2 zones or arbitrarily split one of the 4 zones given to you into 2 zones? Something totally different?

Replies

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I ended up making a "zone 0"...but I'm still curious what others would choose...
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    amandaeve wrote: »
    I ended up making a "zone 0"...but I'm still curious what others would choose...

That's what I've done in the past.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I'd make three zones out of your lower two so that zones Garmin 3,4 and 5 end on YOUR zones 2,3 &4.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,792 Member
    FWIW, this is a rowing-related spreadsheet I use, that lays out 4 against 5. (I didn't create it, and haven't thought very hard about the rationality of how it does it. The spreadsheet was publically available when I got it, and I've included the copyright.) The percentages are heart rate reserve.

40gq6z2ambcc.png