Drop calories or keep going?

Options
2»

Replies

• Eternally_Hers
    Eternally_Hers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here is a tip for you. When you're having a cheat meal, aim for maintenance calories for the day, don't cheat to gain weight. This way you aren't going backwards from your goal, but you still get a treat. Do understand if you have a lot of sodium in a meal from a cheat that it'll still appear as if you gained weight. But the important thing to understand is that you didn't gain fat. Only water which can be lost the next day. =D

A man really shouldn't eat 1,200 calories a day ever. Im a 6 foot 2 man. I eat 1,800 calories and weight lift 5 days a week. I don't lose 2 pounds in a week but we are losing weight safely is the key.
  • Chilledbro
    Chilledbro Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @mmapags @cwolfman13 - Thank you for the reality check, this will help set my expectations right and congrats on the progress and your achievements!

@cheryldumais @shadow2soul @Eternally_Hers - I haven't eaten a cheat meal yet, but I'm thinking of logging it once a week during the Christmas holiday period to stay social, as I have weddings and birthdays coming up (including my own). I'm planning on the cheat meal to be under 1000 calories and to burn the excess calories through training. I know it's not perfect, but I hope it's a step in the right direction, what do you think?

@AnnPT77 - Thanks, I'll ensure to log the extra missed food. It's the details that count.

@kshama2001 - I'll reply to this post after a month to update on progress (hopefully better results).

@twatson4936 - I feel generally healthier and lighter in a way. My strength and cardio endurance have improved, I guess the scale just needs to catch up :smile:

• Eternally_Hers
    Eternally_Hers Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty much doing the same thing. One cheat meal is for Christmas and one is for my two year anniversary with my girl friend. Since we are doing 500+ calorie deficits, a 1,000 calorie cheat meal isn't too bad because it's two days worth of dieting so we should still lose weight throughout the week. Just can't do it too regularly or we will be at a maintenance level rather then weight loss.

So far I'm 120 pounds down and got about another 20 to go till I can start doing some lean bulking.