Help me with this label?

Options
This label has me a little confused. 4 oz of meat and 3.5 of vegetables. Then it says prepared 210. That is of each I’m assuming? So 520 total?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It would be 210 calories prepared for 4 oz of meat and 3.75 oz of vegetables (total). The two combined should total 217 grams.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    It would be 210 calories prepared for 4 oz of meat and 3.75 oz of vegetables (total). The two combined should total 217 grams.
    That sounds so crazy low considering I’ve had calories in the past on a roast be 200 for 4 oz of JUST the meat.
  • kami3006
    Options
    If you're not comfortable with it, round up a bit to 250 or 275 calories for a buffer. But, it's possible for it to be that low. I do understand why you'd question it. Just depends on the cut of meat.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Also notice the "Servings per Container - 8" Does it look like that would feed 8 people? No? Then you're likely to eat 2 servings per person, anyway.
  • kami3006
    Options
    Enjoy! Now I want roast.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Also notice the "Servings per Container - 8" Does it look like that would feed 8 people? No? Then you're likely to eat 2 servings per person, anyway.

I'm trying to imagine sharing that between 8 people.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

Eight small children perhaps. But yeah - that's an absurd serving size.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options

Yep. Is the box way bigger than it looks in the picture?
    Barely looks like it's enough for 2 meals.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Eight small children perhaps. But yeah - that's an absurd serving size.

3.75 oz of meat per person so the roast is just over 1-1/2 lb. I usually make my crock pot roasts and stews with 6 oz. per serving so I would expect that kit to feed 5