Restaurant leftovers

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
Weird question. I frequently take home half my meal from a restaurant. But invariably it tastes and feels much greasier when I reheat it than it did originally. Even things like an omelette or sautéed veggies. Any ideas why?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Probably when it’s sitting in the fridge all the oils accumulate at the bottom then become loose when reheated and liquify and is very pronounced. When you get it fresh from the restaurant, all the oil is probably covering the entirety of the dish due to the fresh sauté / cook. Almost like fat separating from homemade soup...you don’t see it when youre done cooking it, but the next day you’ll find a huge film of fat....
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with Ping. Restaurants also tend to scrape/pour your plate into a box, taking all the juice/sauce/oil/butter that was all over the bottom of your plate into the box.Whereas if you are eating off the plate, you are picking each piece of food out of the drippings. Now you also have less food and more of the sauce which makes it seem greasier because it is.