Planning your meals the day before?

Options
2»

Replies

• LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I plan lunch and dinner for the week. I'm single and cook a big meal on Sunday so it can last at least 4 days. I make different sides if I get tired or run out and I do the same for lunch. My breakfast is oatmeal or cereal, so no planning needed. I plan for snacks by eating the same fruit salad, homemade of course. Fridays are my days I sometimes wing lunch and dinner but I try to make it a fun dinner like hamburger and fries or pizza night. Keeps my meals from being so serious all the time. Planning for the week makes it easier to log, too. I don't log it early, but I just copy my meals from day to day.
  • lindsey423
    Options
    I do that, absolutely!! It's really helped me get past those moments when I'm just starving and all I want is a cheeseburger or fattening burrito. It was hard at first, but after a few weeks I actually like it better when my meals are planned out already!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Planner here. Lunch is pretty much planned for the week (I make some sort of big noodle/grain/bean salad on Sunday), dinners are usually decided a day or two in advance. Lunch gets packed the night before and as others have said I just take a look at my phone as I'm getting ready in the morning to make sure it's all in my lunch bag. Helps me get my macros right--for example, if I see I am a little low on fat for the day, I'll do the 2% yogurt instead of the fat-free.