Looking for Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Options
iowalinda
iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
If you know of one that has some healthier substitutions, please post. Maybe some oatmeal, some applesauce substituted for butter/oil, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Replies

• OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You do know that you can google this and come up with thousands to chose from, right?
  • iowalinda
    edited December 2018
    Options
    OddDitty wrote: »
    You do know that you can google this and come up with thousands to chose from, right?

Yep, I do know that :) Just thought it would be nice to get recommendations on a tried and true recipe, while chatting with my buds here. Also thought it might be of interest to others. But apparently there's not interest in responding to this inquiry :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't make cookies with substitutions. Applesauce makes apple flavored chocolate chip cookies, which is fine if that's what you want, but it's not what I want. If you want an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, then put oatmeal in it.

To make a lower calorie cookie, I make my cookies smaller. I give some away or freeze some dough before cooking so I won't have dozens of cookies sitting around tempting me to eat them.

My go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is Alton Brown's The Chewy (https://altonbrown.com/the-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/). I make it as written, except I use skim milk because we never buy whole. I chop up a high quality chocolate bar rather than using chips, and use dark brown sugar rather than light brown, both of which Alton recommends. I use a 1.5 tablespoon to scoop my dough, which produces cookies that are about 100 calories each and are considerably smaller than Alton's cookies, so my baking time is a bit shorter (usually 12 minutes).
  • iowalinda
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I don't make cookies with substitutions.
    My go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is Alton Brown's The Chewy (https://altonbrown.com/the-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/).

Thanks!