1st Goal Met! 26 lb down mama of two

Options
walleyclan1
walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
I graduated high school at 116 lb. I fell victim to the freshmen fifteen and the sophomore fifteen. I got married at 19 weighing about 140-142 which is apparently my bodies comfortable weight. I maintained that weight from nineteen to 25. At that point I decided I was ready to try and get pregnant and I wanted to be at a healthy weight prior. I used a different weight loss website at that time and got down to 128 lb.

The very next month I got pregnant. I gained 38 lbs during my first pregnancy. After having my first daughter the first 25 or so pounds fell right off and I was back to around 140-142. When Jensen turned 16 months I decided I needed to start getting my body ready for baby number two. When she was 18 months old I was down to 135 lb and then got pregnant again.

With my second pregnancy I gained 38 lbs again. After the first couple of months I was down to 151 and that is where I stayed. My wake-up call was when daughter number two turned 9 months. I started feeling like having a baby was no longer and excuse for me to be carrying the extra weight. I got serious about my diet. Over the next 5 months I got down to 135. I was losing weight but I felt weak and flabby. At that point I decided to start exercising.

I started with rollerblading and then started doing kickboxing 3 times a week. I also started TNRLW. About 3 months after adding exercise to my plan I was at my goal weight of 125. Also, I have gone from barely being able to do one regular push-up to being able to do 16 in a row. I am feeling stronger and can feel my body changing for the better.

I was on a 1200 cal/day plan. That being said, I am also still breastfeeding my 17 month old so I also got to eat an additional 400 calories taking my daily total to 1600/day. Some days I ate back my exercise calories, sometimes only part, sometimes none at all depending on if I was hungry, if I needed more protein etc.

Now for the pics!

This was the day before I gave birth to Brinley and 9 months later:
9months.jpg

2 months post-partum to 2 weeks ago
e8392fba-29ac-4a09-80b1-2824e88e806f.jpg

front1.jpg

5 months post-partum to 1 month ago

me4th1.jpg

My new goals are to maintain at 125, continue gaining strength (I would like to be able to do 25 push-ups in a row), and to do a tough-mudder. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for reading!

Replies

• Epratt42034
    Epratt42034 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!! this has given me so much hope for my stomach!!!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The stomach is the lagging behind the other body parts and I will probably always have extra skin but I am so much happier now with my body!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl - amazing progress!
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful mama! Congratulations on having your cake and eating it too!
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You look great!!
  • meg_good
    meg_good Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing in every photo! I had my first child at 33 and believe me it is a much harder struggle at my age. My daughter is 16 mo's. You have definitely inspired me to keep going. Thanks for sharing!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    beautiful!!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep up the good work!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • bethanyfranco1
    Options
    awesome, thanks for sharing the postpartum pics. i am 2 and a half months pp and this gives me hope that it can be done. your stomach looks great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!