Fitness tracker thinks I'm taking it easy

Options
Haha,
So normally mfp over estimates workouts, but for my cycling it seems to think I'm taking it easy. Riding up mount Teide highest mountain in Spain riding the masca Hills, im absolutely flat out, usually can't walk or talk for hours afterwards.

Any suggestions how to alter it.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Manually input your cycling in your trackers app. Enjoy Tenerife :smile: (ouch those legs will be screaming!)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    MFP's speed range estimates don't make much sense - they don't take terrain, elevation, type of bike etc. etc. into account.

I just use them as headings and overwrite my own numbers from Garmin or Strava.

(Mt Teide is on my bucket list but managed to stay in a Tenerife town with no bike hire shops last time I was there, did you find the ride as good as it's made out to be?)
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    MFP's speed range estimates don't make much sense - they don't take terrain, elevation, type of bike etc. etc. into account.

(Mt Teide is on my bucket list but managed to stay in a Tenerife town with no bike hire shops last time I was there, did you find the ride as good as it's made out to be?)

Teide is awesome, 45km and 2650 metres of grind
    Masca Is harder, 170km round trip but that 3.17km is the toughest I've ever ridden, sa calabra is nothing compared to these two. Even the Alps are easy in comparison.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

Masca Is harder, 170km round trip but that 3.17km is the toughest I've ever ridden, sa calabra is nothing compared to these two. Even the Alps are easy in comparison.

Thanks - think taking my own bike with its nice low bottom gear may be the best bet.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't know about riding but MFP will often report to the world that I was running 7.2min kms, when it's more like 6min. I just ignore it and check that the Calorie count is correct
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »

Thanks - think taking my own bike with its nice low bottom gear may be the best bet.

I bring my own bike
    I run 53/36 28/11
    I'm a chunkie monkey