Recipe directions

Options
I entered a recipe into my database and I listed all the ingredients but I do not see anywhere to add the directions for that recipe? please help. thank you

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    the recipe builder is designed to count the calories for the dish, not give you directions.
  • Deana1119
    Deana1119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies
  • retroxler58
    retroxler58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The idea of providing a recipe is to identify portion nutrition information (calories carbs, protein, fat, sidium, etc...) AND... the ability to put those ingredients together correctly (individual amounts and how they go together...mix, cook, serve). If you look up a recipe ANYWHERE other than your MFP App... it'll include directions. Come on MFP... get it right for a change!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're very welcome here, but why dig out a huge pile of old thread and post the same over and over again? This is the user forum and the MFP staff don't read here.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,278 Member
    Options
    @retroxler58

Actually, it does include the directions. I just tried it. I am using the iOS app. Here's what you might try:
    • From anywhere in the app, tap the three little dots on the lower right side of your screen
    • Tap on "Recipe Discovery." It's right below "Sleep."
    • Find the recipe that you want to make. I can't help you with that - it's up to you to do at least that much.
    • Tap on the recipe.
    • Open your eyes and look at it. Guess what? There's directions.

If you're using the website:
    • Start from your home page.
    • Right up top you'll see a link to the Blog.
    • Click that.
    • On the left of the dark blue bar you'll see the word RECIPES.
    • Click that.
    • Find the recipe that you want to make. I can't help you with that - it's up to you to do at least that much.
    • Click on the recipe.
    • Open your eyes and look at it. Guess what? There's directions.

Note I have no official affiliation with MyFitnessPal. I am a user just like you. I was able to figure this out. You might also have been able to if you tried instead of resurrecting ancient zombie threads.

In the future if you have problems you can't figure out, please click on HELP and poke around there. If you don't find your answer, submit a help request. It will open a support ticket. Staff will respond. You might need to practice your patience because it might be a day or three before they get to it. They have a lot of users on MyFitnessPal, so you go into a queue. You don't go to the front of the line by putting in a support ticket. Wait your turn, and staff will get back to you.