Fitness Buddy System? / Motivation

Options
So personally i believe i get the best results/most motivation when i do my fitness stuff with someone else. i refer to this person as my fitness buddy we work out together, walk together, exchange motivational quotes, share healthy recipes, keep each other updated on progress, and push each other. i have now found myself without this and i went way of track due to it. the past 5 and a half months i threw away all my progress and gained 10 pounds. i find myself now feeling like its impossible but i more than ever want to do it. my goal is to lose 30 pounds in 7-9 months. i have several big things coming up that id like to look my best for marine corps ball, 18th birthday, and just to feel better about myself. anyone have any advice on how to keep motivated or get a new fitness friend? is it possible to have a virtual fitness friend and still get that same push?

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I found that being in a group for motivation and support really helped me. I was about to give up but I had several members motivate me on pushing through. I am glad I did. I ended up with great results and losing 31 pounds in 90 days. I have many virtual friends that work out daily. We report our workouts daily and hold ourselves accountable. There are many groups for motivation and support out there depending on what you are working out to and what type of group you are interested in joining. I host a few groups on my fitness pal and facebook.