There are two kinds of gym-goers

Options
2»

Replies

• amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am definitely the latter, but I sometimes do enjoy classes. There are some days where I just want to workout in peace
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm the latter, but I'd honestly welcome anyone saying hello or being friendly in any way… I don't function well in terms of "social outreach" I suppose
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Introvert for sure with minimal chat (spotting, equipment use, etc.). However, I do feel more motivated with some (not a crowd) similar introvert soles around & who act the same
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Neither. Disciplined and focused but I am happy to answer questions and couldn't care less how crowded it is as long as I can get a workout in. Love life and people. :)

Edit: it's sad to me how many would rather just avoid people. :(
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I like being alone but I don't mind the familiar faces that I see regularly at the times I go.
  • oimullett
    oimullett Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Dvdgzz wrote: »

It's not usually they'd rather avoid, it's rather a case of we don't know how or why to engage with people, so it's easier to just focus on and get on with it. It's a thing, I have it
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Neither. Disciplined and focused but I am happy to answer questions and couldn't care less how crowded it is as long as I can get a workout in. Love life and people. :)

I do a lot of thrusty things at the gym, take too many selfies and dance and sing out loud... I'd rather be on my own, no one needs to see that :D
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    The second one for me.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    neither. i have been a gym mber for over 35 years...and I went afternoons when my children were young. and trained nightly when my children got older...now I train in the morning before work. I go for the facility and whatever time is best for my life and schedule.
  • FitAndLean_5738
    FitAndLean_5738 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm the latter 100%
    It's why I love running outside. I don't have to worry about prolonged encounters with people, and 9 times out of 10 I happily ignore people I run past
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I do a lot of thrusty things at the gym, take too many selfies and dance and sing out loud... I'd rather be on my own, no one needs to see that :D

I see. Yeah, I don't mind people looking but I'm also a guy so it just boosts the ego. I could see it being creepy as a female. 😅
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I prefer to workout alone in my home gym.

Ditto