Weight the same for 3+ Months!? Why

Options
Am a female and in the long run I want a Bodybuilder or CrossFit body. I just want big mucles and 6 pack😢 Am overweight and wanted to cut 1st as much body fat down before I ever seriously start to bulk.

-5/7 & 25 year's old
-Weight 172-177pounds
-Lift weights 5-6x a week with very little to no cardio. Like treadmill for 30 mins at the most once every other week.

-I use a Eat Smart bathroom scale
-I weigh EVERYTHING I eat & drink
-I use the keto or low carbs diet (under 100 grams) since in the beginning saw quick results for that.
-Low sodium with lost of water diet
All the TEDEE or Macro calculations keep pointing to a 1200-1500 calorie diet for defec.

I lost 8 pounds so far but when am trying to Leave out the 70s range of weight, it's impossible to move past 168 pound's. I noticed some clothes fit now and older ones that I could not button I can or look alot larger, but still. I also have uneven floors but sometimes it's accurate for item's. Even then it should change it's numbers a bit.

Last night weigh myself, was 168. This morning back to almost 173(172.8) Like how and why!!!!

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You lost 8pds in three months that isn't bad at all! especially as you are aiming for a small loss. It's recommended to stay at a rate of .5/pds a week at you approach your goal.

How long have you NOT lost any weight?

To loose weight you need to take in fewer calories than you use up. Keto as an eating style won't make you lose weight if you are not eating fewer calories than you use up.

have you been doing the weights for three months or is that new?

Do you log all of the food and it is 1500 calories daily (or lower)? You mention that you weight is do you log and ensure to in a deficit? no cheat meals? unlogged food?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?
  • galaxythessia8116
    galaxythessia8116 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, you mean share it? How would I do this
  • galaxythessia8116
    Options
    Panini911 I stop loosing weight every time I get in the 168 or 169 range. Now tonight am back to 169.

Am not new to lifting, been on and off for year's.

I also log every single thing to even gum. I don't have cheat meals unless it's a rest day or off. Even then it's just a few calories over (ie 1800-2000) for the entire day

Other than that I have a strict diet. I eat 1200 mostly or 1500.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary people can give specific advice.

go to your home page, then account settings then diary settings,scroll down to diary sharing and tick public.
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I’m not eating a keto diet, but I’ve read repeatedly that you should increase sodium while on it. I say this because you mentioned in your OP that you’re doing low sodium.
  • Panini911
    Options
    Panini911 I stop loosing weight every time I get in the 168 or 169 range. Now tonight am back to 169.

Am not new to lifting, been on and off for year's.

I also log every single thing to even gum. I don't have cheat meals unless it's a rest day or off. Even then it's just a few calories over (ie 1800-2000) for the entire day

Other than that I have a strict diet. I eat 1200 mostly or 1500.

how long do you stick to this logging while at 168-169 before "giving up" (you mention every time so this indicates you stopped logging and gained?)

What does MFP recommend with your stats and a 0.5lb/week loss? 1200-1500 is a big range. and then depending how many days you have at 1800-2000 that can eat up any calorie deficit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Yes, you mean share it? How would I do this

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • galaxythessia8116
    Options
    Hello I opened my dairy, can anyone point out problems?
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? If so, do you go by what the MFP entries say?

Edit;
    How is Huma-Pro, 75g of protein, 0 calories...?

Edit;
    Scooting back previous days, I'm not seeing a lot of great nutrition at the calories you are having. 3 of the 6 entries are snacks, 1 seems to be protein pills with no calories (I'm guessing this is where the hidden calories are), one is a plain turkey burger with nothing else on it (no lettuce, tomato, bun, condiments), and the last is ensure...

Scootback back a few days, this seems consistent for your only entry the entire day.

Check the calories on the Humapro you are adding. Don't know what that is, to add so many protein grams, but I guarantee it isn't 0 calories. Also, I'd maybe recommend switching out the snacks (maximum recommend is 25g/day for women in general). The single Monster tea on most entries is about half the daily recommendation of soda for a grown adult.

Better options than what is listed, and I'm wary with it being the same items listed every day that things are definitely not being logged. It is the little things not logged that get you. "Secret Eaters" drilled that into me when I began to watch myself few years back.

MY LONG MESSAGE OF EDITS IS ONE OF LOVE TO HELP. Please nobody yell at me. I've been in these shoes. ._____.; Being stuck sucks.
  • galaxythessia8116
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ahhh so the Huma Pro is throwing me off and my snack's need to be cut. The label suggest it still should not be that many calories I think.

The label reads 0.02 gram's per serving

#I looked into it and it's definitely the pills with extra calories. They just exploted the label laws. Effective but I will probably switch to the slightly less expensive powder
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Ahhh so the Huma Pro is throwing me off and my snack's need to be cut. The label suggest it still should not be that many calories I think.

The label reads 0.02 gram's per serving

#I looked into it and it's definitely the pills with extra calories. They just exploted the label laws. Effective but I will probably switch to the slightly less expensive powder

you do not need to cut out your snacks unless they are crowding out other nutrients. just make them fit into your calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    From Humapro's own FAQ:

Q) How many calories does 1 serving of HumaPro® provide?
    A) PROTEIN ITSELF DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAVE CALORIES — ITS METABOLIC WASTE DOES. When there is an excess of protein/amino acids being metabolized, those excess amino acids are converted to blood sugar (glucose) through a metabolic process called Gluconeogenesis. In reference to whole food proteins, the average amount of amino acids converted to blood sugar is between 47-60%. When the body skips the digestive process (HumaPro® is pre-digested) & directly absorbs the specific ratio complete protein EAA matrix in HumaPro®, there is an average of only 1% waste to make blood sugar. So the answer is that a single gram of HumaPro® has been shown in studies to provide only 0.004 calories and a full serving has only an average of 0.02 calories.
    Most whole food proteins provide approximately 4.0 calories per gram due to protein waste converting to sugar in your body. The waste by-products from excess amino acids converting to sugars are: ammonia, uric acid & urea. Did you want all of that sugar waste to pack around your waist?

Bollocks and misleading pseudoscience. Good grief.

Holy Cow. I'd never heard of the stuff before, so I went to their website. What a truckload of pseudoscientific bovine manure they're shoveling! I got a headache from rolling my eyes so hard. That's a great example of the supplement industry at their worst and most disingenuous.
  • Panini911
    Options

no need to cut snacks if they help. I eat like 6x a day because that is what works for me. i rather sacrifice big meals for eating more often.

But the issue seems to be your logging. is that really all you eat? you eat very very little food but blow most of your calories on calorie dense foods. which - i mean for weight loss is fine if it fits in your calorie allowance but i think eating that little could set you up for binging. but is that ALL food and drinks with calories? are you properly weighing out food? others have already pointed out the issue with teh Huma Pro.

are the missing days about the same or are they not logged cuz they were cheat "days"?

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Don't need to cut OUT snacks, but it looks like you are having more snacks than really... Everything else.

Also, I see my typos in my previous post from being tired. Meant 25g of sugar per day is the max for women, and 1500g of SODIUM (not soda) is the recommendation for women. xD

Are you genuinely only having a turkey burger with NOTHING ELSE, ensure, protein, and the snacks, eveeerrryyy single day?