Heart rate in 40’s concerning?

Options
2»

Replies

• CrabbyPotato
    CrabbyPotato Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This morning I did the elliptical (1 hour total) and the treadmill at 4.3 mph for 3 miles. This is my heart rate report for those exercises. I wear an Apple Watch. I usually walk outside but I live in a small Washington coast community and the weather hasn’t been very nice.yic4ka0gm7za.jpeg
    lom1da3xxdba.jpeg
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Are you saying your HR goes down into the 40s during the day? Occasionally my Garmin will lose its marbles for a bit and think my HR is in the 40s or 50s during the day but it's always a measuring error. Wrist sensors aren't perfect.

This and ... One of my office mates, who doesn't work out and is not overweight said his heart rate while in the office was 40's. I advised him to look at how his fitness tracker sat on his wrist. It was loose and wasn't making adequate contact to consistently monitor his heart rate. He went a notch tighter on the wristband and was back in the 60-80's around the office.
  • CrabbyPotato
    CrabbyPotato Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Are you saying your HR goes down into the 40s during the day? Occasionally my Garmin will lose its marbles for a bit and think my HR is in the 40s or 50s during the day but it's always a measuring error. Wrist sensors aren't perfect.

This and ... One of my office mates, who doesn't work out and is not overweight said his heart rate while in the office was 40's. I advised him to look at how his fitness tracker sat on his wrist. It was loose and wasn't making adequate contact to consistently monitor his heart rate. He went a notch tighter on the wristband and was back in the 60-80's around the office.

Mine isn’t an error, I double check with my carotid pulse rate. My resting rate is often in the 50’s-60’s. I keep my Apple Watch snug as well.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    I’m age 63 with resting HR in low 40’s. If you’re fit, you should have no concern. Do you know what your maximum HR is? When was the ladt time you worked out (cardio) and what was your average HR and peak HR for that workout?

OP, I didn't see where you answered this bolded question explicitly. Are we to assume from your Apple watch report that you believe your HRmax is around 178?

What incline were you using on the treadmill when you did the workout that produced that report? Have you been working out consistently since you started losing weight in 2015, and at this kind of volume/intensity regularly?