Does anyone here have anxiety?

Options
124»

Replies

• SomeWhatTwisted
    Options
    I have recently been diagnosed with social anxiety and im on medication. If you find that the medication is affecting your weight then go back to your doctor and ask to be put on a different one.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety issues, but I have no clue about meds for it and weight. The last thing I would ever do is get on a med for it. Instead I push myself to deal with difficult situations and attempt to learn and grow.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have been taking xanax for anxiety disorder for almost 20 years and it never affected my weight. Bad eating habits is what affected my weight.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Another anxiety sufferer. I'm pretty much under control now. I take zoloft daily. I'm losing weight despite being on that and bcp. I found that doing some juicing helped immensely with my anxiety. However, I would not recommend you all jump at juicing now. It was just a pleasant side effect for me!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've had anxiety for many years. And have been too terrified to seek help about it. Most of my anxiety is social, and I am finally planning on talking with my doctor at an appt I have in a few weeks. It's very scary, and I"m scared of meds for many reasons, weight gain is one, I"ve read some people get extremely tired, almost zombie like, and I don't want to be like that either.

Just really really scared, but I know I have to do something before I look up and I'm 40 and in the same spot I am now.
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I suffer depression and anxiety. All of the meds I have taken have made me put on weight but not massively. Most of my weight was from comfort and stress eating.Since exercising and healthy eating I have seen the weight dropping off and have been really happy and positive :-)

Good luck