I've been down this road, taking a detour.

Options
I lost almost 40 lbs this year, to gain almost 10 since Halloween. Damn you mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. They were my gateway drug that led to cookies, white bread, chips and the whole lot of things I had not really eaten since January. Now I'm like a crack addict looking for her next hit in bad places, with all the shame and self loathing that implies. It's the holidays and cookies, one of my true weaknesses, are EVERYWHERE. I know I have to show some self control, I KNOW that when I go into the break room I need to pass them up... I lost my food tracking streak of about 300+ days, because I just COULDN'T. So, I'm back to tracking daily as of today and I started going to the gym last week and began the 5x5 Stronglifts program, I've only missed one scheduled work out since then, and let's face it... a 7.2 earthquake was to blame and closed down the gym for the scheduled work out, so as far as excuses go, it's a pretty good one. (I think I more than made up for it by sweeping up 1/2 my wine glass collection from the floor, and all the other cleaning after the quake *sigh*)

I am NOT going to pull my usual, meh - I'll let it ride for awhile and start up again in the New Year, because I know the New Year will put me at 2020 when I'm over the weight that I swore I would never reach again. I've been down this road before and I'm taking a detour off of it. My New Year's Resolution - it's starting now, and it's back to the basics. Log every day, every bit I eat. Drink my 80+ oz of water. Stick to my scheduled work outs on my new program. Stay within my allotted calories and macros.

I may not greet the New Year at my lowest weight in 10 years as planned, but I WILL greet the New Year with my head held high, stronger than I've been in years, and with a plan.

Replies

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of positive mojo your way... you've got this!!!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Gotta have a plan. And try this next time, and there will be one, keep on tracking. Going over your number is not a reason to abandon your food diary.

If you hate putting that number in there, that’s the idea. Sorry about your streak. Really.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I too fell off the wagon and am now determined to stay on. For me I have to make it a point to start now and not wait for the new year. I also have to make sure that I am logging each and everyday. No matter what.