Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What drives me crazy is YOU
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew who keeps reporting me

This is so childish to me.
    I mean unless you are seriously harassing someone, why can't people just mute you/the ones they don't like?

Get a friggin life, man. (not you, them. just so we're clear)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

I mean unless you are seriously harassing someone, why can't people just mute you/the ones they don't like?

REPORTED!!

If you can't be helpful and supportive, why are you even here?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Three times in the last two months. The first two were absolutely nothing. I'm still shocked. Today, I actually broke a rule, but nothing like some of the stuff that goes unreported every day.

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about mods. I'm just providing an opinion on the "peer" policing policy that is used here. (It's in the rules)

I would love any of the actual staff members to review my situation and have an open dialogue about it.

In past public service announcement threads by the mods and MFP employees, they state that it's common for people with vendettas against each other or a history of fighting on the threads to report each other and they recognize that and don't act on those reports.

They also said that particular users overreport or flag inappropriately and those users are recognized for crying wolf a lot so that stuff gets ignored too.

But I also remember a mod saying once someone gets on the mods' radar, they stay there and there's no going back and I think that those were almost her exact words. So there's that too and it's a bummer.

I'd like to know statistically how many reports get ignored rather than acted upon by issuing warnings. Like if 30% of complaints about other users are ignored or 50% or 70% or whatever but I don't think the hoi polloi are entitled to that data.

• RomaineCalm
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Three times in the last two months. The first two were absolutely nothing. I'm still shocked. Today, I actually broke a rule, but nothing like some of the stuff that goes unreported every day.

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about mods. I'm just providing an opinion on the "peer" policing policy that is used here. (It's in the rules)

I would love any of the actual staff members to review my situation and have an open dialogue about it.

In past public service announcement threads by the mods and MFP employees, they state that it's common for people with vendettas against each other or a history of fighting on the threads to report each other and they recognize that and don't act on those reports.

They also said that particular users overreport or flag inappropriately and those users are recognized for crying wolf a lot so that stuff gets ignored too.

But I also remember a mod saying once someone gets on the mods' radar, they stay there and there's no going back and I think that those were almost her exact words. So there's that too and it's a bummer.

I'd like to know statistically how many reports get ignored rather than acted upon by issuing warnings. Like if 30% of complaints about other users are ignored or 50% or 70% or whatever but I don't think the hoi polloi are entitled to that data.

Who ever these people are, should also be banned.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

My insight tells me they're people who are ultra cautious about what they post on the threads but are gossipy behind the scenes, people who rarely post who have their favorites and people they dislike and possibly lurkers who follow the conversations who also have their favorites and people they dislike.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

My insight tells me they're people who are ultra cautious about what they post on the threads but are gossipy behind the scenes, people who rarely post who have their favorites and people they dislike and possibly lurkers who follow the conversations who also have their favorites and people they dislike.

I'd like to poke their eyes with forks.

Is that too harsh?

I just find adults who behave as children very irksome.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Social media is perfect for bullies and tattle tails - They can hide behind their alias and say whatever mean things they want.

I wish I knew what is wrong with the car.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew that our relationship will be repaired someday
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Dr Phil is a miracle worker, I highly recommend

He won't return my calls and he blocked me on Twitter 🤷‍♀️
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew that Alabama would win the playoff over Oklahoma
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Well, you know what my price is.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew where it was so I could get it back for you.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    how to fly an airplane.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew what drove you crazy.

Oh boy....