Binge Eating Almost Ruined My Life

Options
2»

Replies

• tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I deal with binge eating constantly. I'll do really good for days then have an episode. I think it's because I restrict myself from certain food and then binge on it. You made the comment you don't restrict yourself from certain food or label it bad. I so needed to read that. Thank you! You look amazing!
  • alexiaans2
    alexiaans2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Commenting because I have suffered from binge eating for YEARS as well. I am currently in recovery and working towards getting to a healthy weight. I see my counselor and psychiatrist regularly and I am trying to be conscious of not labeling anything good or bad. I am excited to finally turn the corner on this thing for good. Are you open to new friends? If so, please accept my friend request. Congratulations and good job. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • seahawks_12
    seahawks_12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I still struggle to not binge eat sweets and snack foods. I also will hide the garbage so no one knows. Gummy bears, sugar cereal, chips, donuts etc. I try to turn to fruit when I crave junk foods. I always tell myself if I dont buy it I cant eat it. I did that today, there was a giant bag of gummy bears at the store and insisted buying them. Little wins like that are nice.
  • DevyaX0
    DevyaX0 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to know how you calculated your macros/how you started to lose the weight
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As someone who has "been there, done that", I speak from experience that upping the protein intake during the day curbs binges completely. Turns out I'm not getting enough protein, not hitting that goal. When I eat adequate protein, problem goes away.
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! Still kind of dealing with it at the moment and its getting hard. Im doing better at not actually allowing myself to get so far as eating things, but the negative thoughts are all there and im pretty horrible to myself about even wanting a binge.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story!

I would add that having an external accountability source is a luxury that you were fortunate to have. Self-accountability is the only one that you can rely upon consistently.