Those who’ve lost weight still eating “bad” food

Options
2»

Replies

• cariwaldick
    cariwaldick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it might also depend on your height, your activity level, and your goals. I calculated my daily calorie needs if I wanted to lose two pounds a week. One site said I could have 1200 calories, and another said I should be closer to 800! I'm short and currently sedentary, so I'm never going to eat that 2,000 calorie diet menus claim is average.

I can eat anything I want. But I log what I eat, and some of those wants can take up a whole day's calorie allowance. There's no dessert worth that. If I want it, I eat much less than a serving. A couple bites of Death by Chocolate is all I need to feel like I've experienced it. One or two slices of pizza is all I eat for a meal, and add a salad to feel better about it. Try eating a kids burger, or taking off half the bun. Eat thin crust pizza to save calories. Only eat the fries that are perfect; cold fries aren't worth the calories. Leave off the mayo; you won't miss it.

The longer my diet goes on, the less those foods tempt me. I'm to the point where pizza just tastes greasy, and dessert is often too sweet. I'm down 60 lbs. since August, and I don't struggle with food. But I do log every bite.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think it might also depend on your height, your activity level, and your goals. I calculated my daily calorie needs if I wanted to lose two pounds a week. One site said I could have 1200 calories, and another said I should be closer to 800! I'm short and currently sedentary, so I'm never going to eat that 2,000 calorie diet menus claim is average.

I can eat anything I want. But I log what I eat, and some of those wants can take up a whole day's calorie allowance. There's no dessert worth that. If I want it, I eat much less than a serving. A couple bites of Death by Chocolate is all I need to feel like I've experienced it. One or two slices of pizza is all I eat for a meal, and add a salad to feel better about it. Try eating a kids burger, or taking off half the bun. Eat thin crust pizza to save calories. Only eat the fries that are perfect; cold fries aren't worth the calories. Leave off the mayo; you won't miss it.

The longer my diet goes on, the less those foods tempt me. I'm to the point where pizza just tastes greasy, and dessert is often too sweet. I'm down 60 lbs. since August, and I don't struggle with food. But I do log every bite.

60 lbs since this August? Isn’t that about 16-18 weeks? So you’re losing 3 lbs/week which is really aggressive. Are you doing the minimum recommended 1200 calories ? Are you sure you’re really Sedentary?
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my journey. But I don't eat chocolates, cookies, cake anymore. I just don't think about it. I had ice-cream on cheat day enjoyed it though. I think it gets easier and when I eat something bad I just think about enjoying it for the moment and remember after I've had my portion - thats it. Its about self control
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,894 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    sandyy0605 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, quick intro. I’ve lost 80 pounds naturally years ago. Gained it all back after baby and stress . I’m finally mentally ready for weight loss and have lost 10 pounds. The first time around I was super restrictive about food to the point going out to eat was not an option for me. This time I’m going to try to incorporate some of those food into my nutrition but I fear that I won’t lose the weight. When I crave something in particular I try to make it at home or customize it to make it healthier but still satisfying. But I have those days where I just want that slice a pizza but I’m afraid. Have any of you lost weight while still eating your favorite food?

Pizza is a good food. Not a bad food.

And yes, I lost weight eating a whole pizza once a month.

Of course I cycled at least 4 hours on those days.