Need to lose weight to donate to my uncle

Options
Hi everyone. I have always struggled with my weight, but it has never bothered me until my uncle's kidneys stopped working. The doctors said I could donate but need to lose 20 pounds. I eat whatever I want, but since I've seen the doctors I started to eat 3 times a day, which makes me feel much better already. I just need the support to stick to it. So looking for any help and advice.

Thank you everyone

Replies

• Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What an amazing person you are to be donating a kidney to your Uncle!

For the weight loss, use the MFP ap, set a reasonable weight loss goal (not too aggressive per week as you do t have much to lose) and track everything you consume.

And good luck!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful niece you are!

Elphaba1313 has already given you good advice. I would also suggest that you invest in a food scale (if you are not already using on), and weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. This may sound onerous; but, if you don't you may be consuming more than you think you are. In addition, I've found spending some time on MFP each day, beyond the time I spend logging to be very helpful. There are a lot of very wise, experienced, and motivating people here. It helps to know you are not alone in your weight loss efforts!