Ten year process

Options
My ten year journey 2008-2018

❤️❤️Be kind to yourself and trust your process. That little voice, that gradually wants to push your current routine “LISTEN” to it. GO for it!❤️❤️❤️

We all go through life struggles and grieve or manage in our own ways. My personal way to manage was emotional eating. August 2008, I lost my best friend from pancreatic issues. I’m pretty sure he had pancreatic cancer, all the signs aligned. He wasn’t too bothered, by the inconclusive test results two weeks before his passing. My depression soared, coping was at one of my lowest. I was my heaviest by Oct 2008 (at 23, around 220lbs).

I still had to manage with being in a wedding and cope with a smile. Inwardly, I was alone and missed daily laughs, getting through hard days with my friend.

2009-2010, I lost weight in unhealthy ways. 2012, was diagnosed with PCOS and Thyroid issues. The insulin resistance would play a huge role, in the kind of health changes that would be best for me.
Sept 2015, lost a close Aunt to her battle with stage 3 Leukemia. Dec 2015, lost a close client that was all over healthy yet Dr missed blood clots traveling up her body, that caused her to stroke.

Aug. 2016, felt called to help those like my Aunt. The days leading up to orientation for hospice, my son’s pediatrician was concerned about his current development. My son would begin an early learning program, to help catch him up to milestones. The time to gain experience in hospice went to an immediate hold. Dec 2016, my son was diagnosed on the Autism spectrum. This would open the door to searching best resources to help how my son processes information and how he learns. 2017 the entire year was full of hundreds of calls, running through providers. 2017, was myself second guessing am I giving enough attention to my oldest, while helping assist with my youngest.

2018, depression led to its worst. April 2018, I had a moment of wanting an immediate flight away (would’ve led me into oncoming traffic). April, became the month of “STOP heal yourself”. Aug- present Cardio has been my everyday commitment to myself, to remember to breathe and make time for self care. My now, is a reminder whomever is around and part of my circle, that it still comes back to myself. If your mind isn’t right, doesn’t matter who’s around.

If I can mentally tell myself, “STOP! BREATHE! You WANT and DESERVE better”. You can too.

Don’t give up, you’re worth the process. The process does get easier. Remind yourself daily, of a the commitment you are making to YOURSELF. A healthier mind, will lead you to healthier choices, will lead you to better self care.

f1kzdl9ez9x2.jpeg

Replies