High Calorie Snacks?

I’m 5’3 and 106lbs and I’ve been lifting lightly for a bit throughout this year (not as consistent). It’s really hard for me to gain weight because of my high metabolism and I get hungry quickly but also get full fast. I’m not a very good cook either lol. Are there any snacks you guys can share with me that can help me increase my caloric intake? I’ve heard of peanut butter sandwiches and incorporating avocados as well. Also, would you recommend protein shakes after my workouts/the role protein shakes play in this? Thanks!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
  • peachyybunnyy
    peachyybunnyy Posts: 2 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

No I don’t :/ I just started using my fitness pal to start getting serious about my diet. But it says I need ~2,000 calories a day and I think I’m eating below that number based on the foods I’ve listed for breakfast and lunch so far today. Thanks for the link!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited December 2018
    It’s likely hard for you to gain weight because you’re not eating enough based on your stats (activity, weight, height, etc.), not because of a “fast metabolism.” The fact that you get hungry quickly shows that your meals probably aren’t very satiating. Try incorporating more fats, as you mentioned. You can also choose fattier cuts of meat, eat full fat dairy, chocolate, etc. They’re higher in calorie and are more filling for a lot of people. You don’t need to be a good cook to gain weight. In fact, you really don’t even have to cook at all. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

No I don’t :/ I just started using my fitness pal to start getting serious about my diet. But it says I need ~2,000 calories a day and I think I’m eating below that number based on the foods I’ve listed for breakfast and lunch so far today. Thanks for the link!

I would start there. Prelogging food can be helpful. So can drinking some calories. You will quickly discover that your appetite is small, rather than your metabolism being fast.
  • PlasticGains
    PlasticGains Posts: 76 Member
    I’m 5’3 and 106lbs and I’ve been lifting lightly for a bit throughout this year (not as consistent). It’s really hard for me to gain weight because of my high metabolism and I get hungry quickly but also get full fast. I’m not a very good cook either lol. Are there any snacks you guys can share with me that can help me increase my caloric intake? I’ve heard of peanut butter sandwiches and incorporating avocados as well. Also, would you recommend protein shakes after my workouts/the role protein shakes play in this? Thanks!

Try chocolate almonds, or cakes they are so high in calories
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    edited December 2018
    Try a protein shake with chocolate milk and peanut butter as the base. Liquid Reese'!s cup :d

Edit: And lift heavier!
  • sroba91
    sroba91 Posts: 1 Member

I would start there. Prelogging food can be helpful. So can drinking some calories. You will quickly discover that your appetite is small, rather than your metabolism being fast.

This advice is the best.. because that’s what happened to me I thought my whole life I was fast metabolism but I logged for a Month I was eating 1500 the most! Crazy!