enjoyed the holidays a little to much...help

Options
Hi everyone!! I had foot surgery 4 months ago and i gained 5 pounds not being able walk for 6 weeks...I still weight trained 6 days a week (upper body) on my knee scooter:).

right now I am 2 pounds from goal weight. Last night I catered an AMAZING family and friends holiday party. I allowed myself to not track that meal. It was wonderful! Today I had some more friends and family come and I was tempted and tempted to indulge one more time. I with held and finally I caved. It was so good and enjoyable. All the food is now out of my house. I sent guests home with trays and tins of everything. Tomorrow i am back on track. Gym first thing in the morning! Im just feeling guilty and like a failure. I allowed myself 1 day but failed because i ended up having 2 indulgence meals. I was 2 pounds from goal and I set myself back...There won't be anymore set backs or temptations. I will reach goal now...I'm just feeling a bit sad for going over another day. Anyone get like this and how do you feel positive again?

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    It's food and water weight. Unless you ate whatever amount you gained, times 3500 calories over your maintenance, it is not fat.

Log it, and move on.

In the future, accept that there will be days where you eat at maintenance -- which you're going to have to do once you hit your goal weight anyway -- and there will be days where you eat under, and days when you eat over, and it all averages out.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    yes but there is no way I can log the foods I ate...different salads and meats and side salads, stuffing and pumpkin pies, potatoes and then some deserts :/

I purposely didn't eat the thanks giving meal because I knew this one was coming...

I'm not saying I ate 3500 calories but there is no way of knowing....one of the salads has a peanut butter dressing....
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    we still get to enjoy life, family and friends even when on a weight loss journey. so what if your goal is delayed by a few days?

just take a deep breath and move on. it's ok to indulge now and then. Rather than concentrate on the guilt, smile that you got to enjoy that wonderful meal (meals).
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    yes but there is no way I can log the foods I ate...different salads and meats and side salads, stuffing and pumpkin pies, potatoes and then some deserts :/

I purposely didn't eat the thanks giving meal because I knew this one was coming...

I'm not saying I ate 3500 calories but there is no way of knowing....one of the salads has a peanut butter dressing....

If you don't log it, yeah there's no way of knowing immediately for prediction purposes, although if you logged all the days before and you log all the days after, then you'll be able to make a pretty educated guess after a week or so -- after water weight has a chance to go back to normal. I log stuff all the time that I didn't prepare. I log events where I've eaten lots of different stuff -- although I will admit that going into an event like that knowing that I will log it means that I pay attention to everything I eat (so I can remember it to log later), and paying attention means I'm likely not to keep eating as I get full, and likely not to eat a lot more of any one thing than I'm really enjoying, and likely not to eat stuff that aren't real favorites I can't have any time, just because it's there.