To A New Me

Options
kneelanda92
kneelanda92 Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! Names Amanda, I’m 26. I’m not new to my fitness pal or to trying to be healthy but new to the forums.

Ever since I was 12 I’ve struggled with weight. I’ve always been overweight and I’ve never really gotten to experience being fit before. It’s been a long struggle but I’m ready to put the past behind me. I don’t even know what I’d look like if I were to lose all the weight. I’ve tried getting healthy and doing “fad” diets numerous times but to no avail, I’ve always fallen off the wagon and gained all the weight back.

My starting weight is 240 lbs and per my height and age my goal weight is 125 lbs. I’m coming to the end of my first week of my new lifestyle.

I’ve come up with a plan and starting Monday I’m going to hit the gym 5 days a week before work for about 30-45 minutes a day.

This is one of the biggest struggles for me but I’m determined to do it. I have a little one and I want to be an active mom that can keep up with my kid.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey! You pretty much just wrote my story! I've been reading Beck's Diet Solution. Its been really helpful for the emotional/mental side of things and now I'm realizing why I've tried and failed so many times before. This is definitely a big undertaking but you CAN do it.
  • rebekahbagnall210
    Options
    Try to incorporate a lot of fruits and veggies to your diet, and don’t only use meat as a protein, a lot of people make the mistake of eating more meat to gain protein, but eating lentils or beans are an easy and filling protein that will help you stay fuller longer. I did that and lost 30 lbs in a short period of time.
  • rebekahbagnall210
    Options
    Also congratulations on making the choice to make a change, it’s hard to tell yourself it’s time, I know. But when you’re ready you can do anything you put your mind to, and no one will be able to stop you!
  • kneelanda92
    kneelanda92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys appreciate it. I’ve also went vegetarian and cut out dairy as well for the health benefits. So my diet consists mostly of plants. I love adding black beans to my salad for a good protein fix. And it’s surprising how many delicious meals you can make with vegetables. I’m also making a daily shake with Amazing Grass Super Green and their antioxidants one so I get my daily servings of fruits and veggies.