Lose 5+ Pounds by Christmas!

My goal is to lose 5+ pounds by Christmas as a present to myself! Who's with me?! Let's work together to avoid the holiday sweets that suddenly start appearing everywhere this time of year. Whether at work, home, or holiday party's, temptations are everywhere! Time to keep ourselves as accountable as possible, and fit in some exercise here and there!!!

Replies

• LeafyPoo
    LeafyPoo Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2018
    I would definitely like to achieve this! Feeling pretty down about myself as I keep yo-yo dieting. I would say "this is the time it's going to stick!" but I always think it's going to be and it hasn't yet lol. My doctor brought up my weight this week so I've used it as motivation for this round. Let's see what happens!

Also, yay Slytherpuff! :wink:
  • medusascircle
    medusascircle Posts: 24 Member
    I’m into this challenge!!
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    SlytherPuff4Life Posts: 74 Member
    wor7atltbk2y.jpg Welcome ladies! Christmas here we come!!!
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    edited December 2018
    So I encourage any who join this challenge, to post both their successes and struggles on a regular basis. Maybe not every day, but every couple of days, or once a week. I personally am going to post how I'm doing every couple of days. I'll share my weight loss results on a weekly a basis. Everyone is welcome to share whatever they are comfortable with. We're here to help each-other! Also, if anyone wants to friend request me- feel free! :smile:
  • briehaag00
    briehaag00 Posts: 2 Member
    This is my goal! If I can lose 5 lbs by Christmas, I'll be 15 lbs lighter than I was last Christmas. Then I will need to lose another 15 lbs to get down to my goal.
    I'm determined.
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    Welcome briehaag00! :)
  • medusascircle
    We’re exactly 2 weeks away from Christmas! Let’s do this!!
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    How's everyone doing so far?

I've been really proud of myself for keeping within my calorie limit every day, and bringing meals in to work. I know I'm losing weight. Although I may not know just how much until my new scale gets delivered sometime between Dec 17- 21. Which I'm kind of glad about. I don't have to worry about my weight until then. I only have to focus on my diet. But I know my results are going to be good! Anyone else feeling confident? Not sure how long it will last, lol, but so far so good. Hope everyone is doing well. Everyone please remember to be kind to yourselves! Stay focused! Stay optimistic! :smiley:
  • medusascircle
    How’s everyone doing? I definitely got off track with calories this weekend but got some exercise in both days. Hoping to start fresh and strong tomorrow (Monday)!!
  • Resilientmama
    Resilientmama Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2018
  • Resilientmama
    Resilientmama Posts: 3 Member
    I dabbled with My Fitness Pal back in May. Now, I am getting back to it.
    I hadn't really thought of a monthly goal.
    Original starting weight :294
    December starting weight :294
    December goal :280
    Ultimate goal :175
    Dec.14:289.4
    Dec.21:
    Dec.27:
    Dec.31:
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    edited December 2018
    Welcome Resilientmama!
    -Medusacircle, I too struggled this past weekend. My brother's Birthday came with many temptations, and lots of stress. I stress ate the temptations. Ugh. Oh well, I'm back at it, and super motivated to lose that 5 pounds by Christmas! My new scale has yet to be delivered, so I have no idea how much weight I've lost so far, but I'll find out soon! :)
    Life lesson from this weekend - For every step backwards, we take 2 steps forward!
  • S_Hinzman
    S_Hinzman Posts: 48 Member
    Love it!
  • S_Hinzman
    I'm totally in! I was doing so good and then my Dad passed away in August and my life took a dive for a bit. This is what I need to get a boost in the right direction!
    Christmas goal: 160
    Ultimate goal: 150
    Dec.18: 165
    Dec. 20:
    Dec. 22:
    Dec. 25:
  • S_Hinzman
    I'm totally in! I was doing so good and then my Dad passed away in August and my life took a dive for a bit. This is what I need to get a boost in the right direction!
    Christmas goal: 160
    Ultimate goal: 150
    Dec.18: 165
    Dec. 20: 164
    Dec. 22: 163
    Dec. 25:

Only a couple of days away...