What are some of your ‘rules’

Options
What are some of the rules (for want of a better word) that help keep you on track

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Mine are all just for me, and usually things I do naturally at this point.

Log honestly (or find some other way to be mindful of what I eat and honest with myself -- I don't always log but am now, and found it helpful when losing). Eat (usually) 3 meals per day, no snacking (I will often have a little dessert after dinner if I have calories). Be somewhat active every day, and walk as many places as possible rather than driving. Pay attention to what I eat and try to have a good amount of protein and lots of veg with all meals. If I don't follow these rules at times (harder around Christmas), don't beat myself up, just be aware that I'm eating more than usual.

I do other things too, like follow a training plan for different exercise/running goals, but that's not about weight loss and isn't something I always do.
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I only have 1 real rule and that is to not stop logging. Everytime I stop logging, I end up in a weight gain cycle. If I want to lose this weight and keep it off, then I cannot stop logging.

This!