When the going gets tough remember how far you’ve come!

Options
I started this journey in Aug 2015 but this year hit a wall while coping with lots of not so great things happening in my life but yesterday I walked the same walk that I did at the start of my journey and I realised just how much fitter I am now than I was then.....50lb lighter, a resting heart beat significantly lower, the long steep hill hardly got me out of fat burn and my recovery was so much quicker. I don’t want to go back to the old days and this has really motivated me to get back on track. Stay strong wherever you are on the journey.

Replies

• shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I needed that.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I went in a bit ago and adjusted my start weight back to my second log in to MFP (it was still in there). It was 180 in August 2014. In 2006, I was 220. I am remembering these numbers so I remember this is a journey. In 2016 I did dip to 138--but through recovery from two hip replacements and thinking I didn't need to consistent logging--back up to 162. Now I am on the way back down. When I look at the past 13 years, I have come a long way--and I will get to and maintain my goal weight (of course, I don't have that final number set in stone yet). 145 is current goal.
  • homecraftedmom
    homecraftedmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been at this 4 years. Just fell below 300 for the first time in forever and I just don’t know where my motivation went. Plugging they, committed, but not excited. Thanks for the reminder of how far I’ve come.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good reminder for me. I once weighed 250 lbs. and I am only 5ft. 2in. I remember how good it was when I got under 200 several years ago! But now I am struggling to lose my last 45 lbs.