Phase 1 done, now for phase 2.

Options
Jackie9003
Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
I got remarried 3 years ago and was at my heaviest, I hate my wedding photo's I look like a purple blob. At the time I was in a very sedentary job, I barely got 1000 steps a day and hated that too. A year later I got my dream job and vowed things would change, but we were having a very stressful time in family court regarding access to my step daughter so that was priority. Then last September I got on the scales and realised I'd lost 12lb without any effort - it must have been due to just moving a little more. I then wondered what I could do if I focused and just over a year later I lost another 45lb.
My target was my 50th birthday, once in a lifetime trip to Mexico, I wanted to lose 56lb and wear a dress.
Well I did it!
I still have a lot to lose but when I hit 50 I felt fabulous, not fat.

I'm starting phase 2 now, I don't have such an opulent target this time so I'll have to think of something.

For anyone interested I'm just doing simple CICO, I eat what I like within my allowance and if I go out I consider it a maintenance day, I refuse to use the word diet and I don't deny myself anything, however my choices have changed considerably.
My exercise is walking to work a few times a week and a weekly weigh in class with 45mins of aerobics.

If I can do it, anybody can.
If you'd like to share your journey with me feel free to do so.

Replies

• maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes! Awesome sauce! Congrats to that 50# number! Phase II can’t stand a chance. Your going to knock it out of the park!

• bestrongbefit1
    bestrongbefit1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep rocking it and whatever is next I am sure you will CRUSH IT!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Thanks for the motivation this morning <3
  • baxter466
    baxter466 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks .....it was the first story I read this morning as I too doing this for a million times and trying all sorts of varied diets which for me just do not work ...so I decided to have my allotted calories and just of course eat mainly healthier but not forbid things along as in my range .....and you are proof it works ...so thank you
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I'm back on the programme tomorrow and my first goal is to lose the little bit I put back on while away by Christmas.
    Best of luck with your own efforts x
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Well done - great attitude and approach like yours will lead to success. Keep up the good work X
  • Almagreatness
    Almagreatness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone, I'm back on the programme tomorrow and my first goal is to lose the little bit I put back on while away by Christmas.

Best wishes! We can do this!! Merry Christmas, and we watch what we eat make it a healthy lifestyle, right?!✋
  • Jackie9003
    Options

Best wishes! We can do this!! Merry Christmas, and we watch what we eat make it a healthy lifestyle, right?!✋

Thank you, and merry christmas to you too.
    Christmas doesn't have to be self indulgent all the time, I've got a few little treats lined up and healthy alternatives so I don't feel like I'm missing out.
    And I'm going to log everything so I don't lose sight of where I should be.
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nice job Jackie! You were rocking that dress too!
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Great job, Jackie! I'm almost to my 50 pound goal, and I'm going to need a new goal for my phase 2. I think it'll be a "stick to my strength training schedule" kind of goal. And maintenance calories, of course!
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on phase 1, keep up the good work!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    tronjo2002 wrote: »
    Nice job Jackie! You were rocking that dress too!

Thank you, I need to sort out my social calendar so I can get more use out of it lol
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Great job, Jackie! I'm almost to my 50 pound goal, and I'm going to need a new goal for my phase 2. I think it'll be a "stick to my strength training schedule" kind of goal. And maintenance calories, of course!

Fabulous, well done! Good luck in your next stage 😊
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    caindove11 wrote: »
    Congrats on phase 1, keep up the good work!

Thank you 😊
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Thank you, and merry christmas to you too.
    Christmas doesn't have to be self indulgent all the time, I've got a few little treats lined up and healthy alternatives so I don't feel like I'm missing out.
    And I'm going to log everything so I don't lose sight of where I should be.

Absolutely agree that the holidays do not have to be a free for all. A couple events where you overindulge and remain focused on your goals the rest of the time. It's about choices. You're doing great!
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    Thank you, and you're spot on, over the last year my outlook has changed and I just don't want the 500cal cake that would put me over my daily calories, or mean I can't have a decent dinner. I don't think the short term enjoyment is worth it any more.
    Never thought I'd say that lol
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You looked lovely in purple too, in love, and radiant. We can be loved at different sizes. Losing weight is a great benefit to our health but your marriage day was special to you and your spouse. You had a beautiful glow in that picture, don’t hate it. Part of a step in your journey. Good luck.
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »
    You looked lovely in purple too, in love, and radiant. We can be loved at different sizes. Losing weight is a great benefit to our health but your marriage day was special to you and your spouse. You had a beautiful glow in that picture, don’t hate it. Part of a step in your journey. Good luck.

Thank you for your lovely words x
  • Jackie9003
    Options
    I've set my final goal, I don't want to be ruled by the scales so I've decided to go with how I look and what would make me feel content with myself.
    I bought these in the sale today, they're a size 16 from DP and Wallis.
    I started out at size 24/26 and am currently around a 20 depending where I shop. I only want to drop 2 sizes but it won't be easy, I can get the trousers on but not a chance of fastening them!
    My time frame is 18-24 months, slow and steady to continue building good habits so it stays off this time.

New year, new me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!