Working out in pain?

Options
I have the typical thigh and shoulder soreness from first workout in a long time. It’s not the worst so I wanted to work out and do yoga. Will yoga make me more sore or losen me up and thats it?

I have a christmas party on friday and don’t want to make matters worse.

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sore and pain are two different things. If you are just sore it will be fine to workout. If you are in pain, listen to your body and skip the workout.

I find yoga is always helpful for my soreness after working out.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the DOMs, delayed onset muscle soreness. That's perfectly normal and will go away. Yoga is likely to help. Oddly, over found doing the same exercises a couple days later to help too.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you're new to this level of exercise, then consecutive days of the same type of workout are probably not a good idea. Your body needs recovery time. Yoga may help.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Friday is a really long time away. Keep moving (yoga should be good), hot bath (epsom salt?), stretching, etc. You'd probably do best to repeat the workout at least once before Friday, as long as it's just overwork muscle soreness, but may push it just a little bit less intensely, if you want to be top notch on Friday. JMO.