1200 cals a day!

Options
1235»

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would imagine only eating 1200 cal a day would be hard to sustain, that you'd be hungry alot.

I thought so too, but I've been doing it for a month now, and it's been easier to stay within the limit of calories than I imagined. I'm short (5'), mind you, so I guess it varies from person to person. Not once, during this month, have I gone to bed feeling hungry.
  • cutiepie63
    cutiepie63 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would also love to join in your group, I'm 4'11 trying out the 1200 cal. :)
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I eat low calorie 1200 to max 1400 depending on the day. I like to lose 10 pounds to 15.

I find it easy if you plan when you eat ypur calories so ou dont run out.

I eat veggies, protein, nuts, rice, pasta, fruit, and even a cookie if I really want it. Its about smaller portions. You can have lots of veggies like broc, cauli, radish etc for very little calories. Steam and add bit of salt. Pickles are great salty snack too!
  • Healthylyna2020
    Healthylyna2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please add me in
  • Lovelifeyoulive
    Lovelifeyoulive Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I find that I lose weight eating at 1200 cal or less per day. Right now I'm maintaining and not really tracking. But I will start again soon. Probably after the New Year. Honestly, I'm burned out from food logging and all. But, I'd still like to lose some more weight going forward. Good for you - 1200 cal per day.

Have you lost any hair eating at 1200?
  • Lovelifeyoulive
    Options
    I'm just here out of curiosity, but I my goal has been 1200 calories or less. I'm 5'5" and started at 178 lb. the last week of September. Some days, it's hard to get 1000 calories while trying not to exceed my keto carb limits. Eating mostly eggs, fish, chicken, some beef, tree nuts, and a lot of cruciferous vegetables, I haven't gone hungry, and I've lost 25 lb. in 3 months. Sometimes, I'm tempted by sweets, so I have to tell myself "no" or just allow myself to eat one or two bites.
    @witchawomanan81, I haven't experienced the urge to gnaw off appendages. :s I can understand if you are a long distance runner or into some other high calorie-burning activity. In that case, you would certainly want to eat back some of the calories you burn. If you're young and have a high metabolism, I realize you need extra calories, but I don't understand how you managed to get to your present weight. I'm old, so I have to work at losing weight, which includes exercise and restricting calories.
    God bless each of you as you strive to attain your goals.

• Lovelifeyoulive
    Options
    Would love to join this!! I think 1200 cal daily is perfect for me since I figured my body requires at least that much to lose weight. I weigh 196 lbs & my goal is 140 lbs. We can do this Matthew 19:26 "With God all things are possible."

I’m no expert in this, but I’m a short lady who weighs about 175/aiming for around 120, and I would be gnawing my arm off at 1200 calories/day.

I’m fine with 1200 a day. I’m 5’0” started at 190 and have gotten down to 152 with a goal of reach 120 by eating between 1200-1300 calories a day. I go to bed satisfied every night. Plenty of people do just fine on 1200 calories. Obviously, it’s not healthy for everyone and depends on your personal stats but there’s really no reason to come in and be negative just because you would be hungry with 1200 calories.

Have you lose any hair on 1200?
  • Lovelifeyoulive
    Options
    I find that I lose weight eating at 1200 cal or less per day. Right now I'm maintaining and not really tracking. But I will start again soon. Probably after the New Year. Honestly, I'm burned out from food logging and all. But, I'd still like to lose some more weight going forward. Good for you - 1200 cal per day.

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    20erbachm wrote: »

Stop your spamming and start your own thread if you are concerned.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    20erbachm wrote: »

When you post a reply in a thread, everyone who has posted in a thread gets a notufucation, not just the person you quoted, so multiple posts aren't necessary.

Whether or not eating 1200 calories causes hair loss will be highly individual. Some people lose hair even if they are at a small deficit. For some people, 1200 cals is appropriate and they could see no ill effects. For others, 1200 cals is under eating and lack of nutrition can cause all kinds of symptoms, including hair loss.

If you're concerned, perhaps you can start your own thread and include your stats. Or maybe get a physical and some blood work done to really know for sure.
  • soosoontiong
    soosoontiong Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    About.. calorie goal. Let say my goal is 1720 cal. I ate 1811 cal. Exercise 784 cal.
    Do I still lose weight? Or should I not eat more that 1720 cal. Then the calories from exercise will make me lose weight?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    About.. calorie goal. Let say my goal is 1720 cal. I ate 1811 cal. Exercise 784 cal.
    Do I still lose weight? Or should I not eat more that 1720 cal. Then the calories from exercise will make me lose weight?

In this case, you should eat 1720+784 calories in total as exercise calories are in addition to the goal given. However, because exercise calories are often inflated many choose to only eat back 1/2 to 2/3 of these calories then, after a month reassess how accurate these are by comparing expected weight loss against actual weight loss and adjust accordingly.