Off the rails Holiday edition

After 110 days of good eating my Husband and I had a Holiday weekend.
I literally ate brownies for breakfast yesterday morning just to absorb the wine and eggnog from the night before. We finished up with a Chinese food feast last night.
Our fingers are swollen, our faces our puffy and the scale jumped ten pounds in 48 hours!!! I know it’s mostly fluid retention and it will readjust over the next week.
We are in no way upset about it BUT we did learn something from this epic cheat weekend. Some foods were worth it and others were not.
It’s going to be interesting to see how long it takes for the scale to rebound.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Great attitude both to the result and to what you could learn from it. So much better than the constant threads of "OMG -- I ate four processed cookies -- will it wipe out my progress? How do I make all the water weight go away NOW?!!" :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,023 Member
    edited December 2018
    ^^^^ What Lynn said.

Figuring out what's worth it, and what's not, is part of the magic key to maintenance. Glad to see you're working on that!

(Brownies for breakfast sounds really good right now. Fortunately (1) It's not morning yet, and (2) I don't have any. ;) )
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Thanks for the support! It’s slow coming off but the disgusting feeling is gone. 3.2 lbs to go by Friday to get back to my starting point. Definitely having to up my game this week to counter act the binge