Is this excessive skin??

Options
Hi my name is Benjamin Vega and i use to weigh 250 and now weigh 160 but want to know if this is excessive skin so i could have surgery to remove it, or is this still fat for me to lose... i left some pics for reference swnj4091ostg.jpeg
rjyxqay384ys.jpeg
ekc5pgik1ub3.jpeg
37iuol1ynvgq.jpeg
st7xvmp6wzpn.jpeg

Replies

• vega_benjamin
    vega_benjamin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying i have posted about this for a while with no response so at least now i know
  • vega_benjamin
    Options
    Thank you for the reply the thing that gets me is that im doing my workouts for 2 months have a weekend of drinking or junk food and somehow jump 8 pds and bloat to the amount that some clothes don’t fit
  • vega_benjamin
    Options
    Thank you for the replies and personal stories this really helps me allot ill keep at it and see how it goes
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. Just keep going and give it time.
  • Phoebe5164
    Phoebe5164 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Looks like you’ve done great! Please don’t let others discourage you from eventually having it removed.... my “ procedure “ after children gave me more confidence then before. We all make our own choices . A good plastic surgeon would not work on you .... yet 🌸
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're ready for skin removal. Just my opinion. I will say that the weekend junk food leading to an 8 pound bloat is probably due to salt retention, which I am guessing flushes away in a day or two. Be sure to drink a bunch of water during the weekend and you should be able to keep that bloat down to 3 pounds!
  • vega_benjamin
    Options
    Thank you very much im still going at it 😄
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with those who say give it more time. It took nearly two years after my weight loss for my skin to be back to (almost) normal. Surgery is really drastic. Keep exercising and be patient. :)
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Johnd2000 wrote: »
    I was like that for over a year after I hit my target weight. After two years of exercise, it’s mostly gone. The remaining loose skin is only visible when I do planks.
    Yeah, I agree with those who say give it more time. It took nearly two years after my weight loss for my skin to be back to (almost) normal. Surgery is really drastic. Keep exercising and be patient. :)

I've heard the same, depending on genetics and age, it will take up to 2 years for skin to regain some elasticity and rebound back to, or close to where it would normally be had you not gained all the weight. Everyone is different however, so our individual results may vary.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it doesn't look as bad as you think. I need to lose over 100 pounds and will probably end up looking like a melted down candlestick. :'(
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    Trust me, it doesn't look as bad as you think. I need to lose over 100 pounds and will probably end up looking like a melted down candlestick. :'(

Ha ha. Me too. I have lost 40 lbs with a little less than a 100 to go.